What an amazing ultra lightweight shell. I bought…

Fabric: Hyvent DT

What an amazing ultra lightweight shell. I bought the first generation in 2006. At 8oz it is freakishly light. It folds up tiny. I usually can put it in a lens pocket in a camera backpack.

That makes it really easy to carry and had kept me dry when I encountered a couple of unexpected showers.

The cut is short so an untucked shirt often hangs out. Cut is athletic so you can put a few layers but a puffy down jacket would be a squeeze.

Mine only had a single chest pocket.

I spent several rainy afternoon hikes in it. It always kept me dry.

A perfect ultra light shell!

Note, that it is a perfect ultra light jacket but not a perfect jacket. With no hand pockets it is not best for extended rainy trips or winter. The hood could be better. The short cut is great for emergencies or a climber but as an every day rain jacket you might want something roomier.

Finally after some reasonable use and detailed care, but waterproof coating has started to delaminate. The jacket itself has held up great but the wp/b coating is peeling in the hood.

I am going to send to TNF as they have a good warranty. I like this jacket a lot and I think it works well as the lightweight one in a two jacket closet.