I ordered this shoe in a size smaller than I normally…

Materials: leather, mesh
Use: usually rough terrain daily
Break-in Period: none - a plus

I ordered this shoe in a size smaller than I normally wear. It fit perfectly right out of the box. I use orthotic insoles with the shoe. I am a daily hiker (5+) miles on varied, sometimes rocky, terrain. I've used the shoe for 6 months now and they are showing a lot of wear. The stitching near the toe is coming out, the liner is wearing through and the soles seems to be losing traction ability.

I really thought I'd get a better product from The North Face. If you can find it a a very low price it would be a good buy. If I had paid full price for this boot I'd be writing North Face and complaining. I would buy it again only if I can find it on sale. Altogether it's comfortable but doesn't hold up.