The North Face Strive Mid

I ordered this shoe in a size smaller than I normally…

Materials: leather, mesh
Use: usually rough terrain daily
Break-in Period: none - a plus

I ordered this shoe in a size smaller than I normally wear. It fit perfectly right out of the box. I use orthotic insoles with the shoe. I am a daily hiker (5+) miles on varied, sometimes rocky, terrain. I've used the shoe for 6 months now and they are showing a lot of wear. The stitching near the toe is coming out, the liner is wearing through and the soles seems to be losing traction ability.

I really thought I'd get a better product from The North Face. If you can find it a a very low price it would be a good buy. If I had paid full price for this boot I'd be writing North Face and complaining. I would buy it again only if I can find it on sale. Altogether it's comfortable but doesn't hold up.

If you've owned or used The North Face Strive Mid, please share your experience.

The North Face Strive Mid

The Strive Mid has been discontinued.

The North Face Strive Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 21, 2010 at Campmor.