The North Face Strive Mid

I ordered this shoe in a size smaller than I normally…

Materials: leather, mesh
Use: usually rough terrain daily
Break-in Period: none - a plus

I ordered this shoe in a size smaller than I normally wear. It fit perfectly right out of the box. I use orthotic insoles with the shoe. I am a daily hiker (5+) miles on varied, sometimes rocky, terrain. I've used the shoe for 6 months now and they are showing a lot of wear. The stitching near the toe is coming out, the liner is wearing through and the soles seems to be losing traction ability.

I really thought I'd get a better product from The North Face. If you can find it a a very low price it would be a good buy. If I had paid full price for this boot I'd be writing North Face and complaining. I would buy it again only if I can find it on sale. Altogether it's comfortable but doesn't hold up.

Designed for adventurous explorers, the Strive Mid's lightweight design delivers stability and support for hikes over technical, tricky terrain. Constructed to withstand treks with loads up to 25 pounds, this mid-cut hiking shoe is ideal for light hiking excursionsCombination die-cut EVA midsole and UltrATAC rubber cupsoleBovine fine-nap suede leather upper A lightweight, mid-cut hiker that delivers stability and support on light-duty treksAbrasion-resistant breathable mesh textileGusseted tongueNorthotic ergonomically designed footbedProtective textured synthetic toe cap and heelTPU shank for optimal support and stability.

- Campmor

Built for the female explorer who seeks a lightweight, stabile mid-cut hiking boot, The North Face Strive Mid Hiking Shoe for Women is supportive enough to get you through a long day hike or overnight and light enough for heading to the River Trail with the dogs.

- Altrec Outdoors

The North Face Women's Strive Mid

The Women's Strive Mid has been discontinued.

The North Face Women's Strive Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 21, 2010 at Campmor.