The North Face Tadpole 2

This tent is based on the ever popular Tadpole. The…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

This tent is based on the ever popular Tadpole. The design is a definite improvement over the regular Tadpole mostly in the weight dept. It is also designated as a "featherlight" weighing in at a respectable 3 lb. 15 oz. Also the font vestibule offered an extra almost 9 sq. ft. of gear space.

This tent in my opinion is a great overall 2-person tent. Great for the overnight trek/camp, or even any multi-day camp experience.

Pros

• Great light weight
  • Extra vestibule space
  • Overall well-rounded 2-person tent

Cons

• Although it is great for most any 3-season adventure, I would not consider it for a heavy wind/rain excursion.

Love it. It packs down small and light, and I still have plenty of room for myself and gear. If a second person joined me, it would get a bit snug inside. So I consider this a one-person+gear tent, and in that role it excels.

It has come with me on three outings so far, with rain falling on two of the trips overnight. No major storms yet, but during one windy night with light rain, I was amazed at how well the tent remained stable and quiet and kept me dry.

Also, the inside was comfy and roomy (in my opinion) and it stayed dry, and well-ventilated.

nf-tent.jpg

Great first review, Brooke. If you find over time your evaluation changes, please come back and edit. I've rewritten a number of reviews over the past 20 months.

Oh, and welcome to Trailspace!