The North Face Terra 35

refers to the unisex version

The North Face Terra 35 is a journey pack ideal for light overnights or considerable day hikes. A mesh channel on the back helps ventilate air on hot days and cushy shoulder straps make hauling your load more comfortable.

A whistle on the buckle is an added safety feature for wilderness hiking. Compression straps throughout the pack help hold the weight closer to your body - dispersing the weight from your shoulders to your hips. A comfortable bag for long wear that’s durable for the trail or a tour through Europe. Side pockets store water bottles and are accessible and easy to reach - the North Face Terra is also water bladder compatible.

Features:

• Vertical mesh channel on back panel provides ventilation
  • Anatomical shoulder harness
  • Anatomically correct, load-spreading hipbelt lined with tricot
  • Zippered sleeping bag compartment access

unisex
Weight 3 lb 10 oz
Capacity 2150 cu in / 35 L
Length 25.5 in
Width 13 in
Height 6.75 in

This is a good looking pack that has turned out to…

Summary

This is a good looking pack that has turned out to be durable, comfortable, roomy and a smart purchase. The best pack in its class I have used. I am thrilled with it so far after several months and several dozen miles of hikes and trail time.

Pros

• Ample space
  • Good looks
  • Affordable!

Cons

• A little too heavy at 3.6 lbs

After several months and many miles, this 35L pack is proving to be durable, comfortable, good looking and roomy. It could be a little lighter for a 35L pack (mine is 3.6 lbs empty), but it isn't a deal breaker considering the pros vs. cons.

Mine was on sale at Cabela's for 55% off and after searching and waiting, waiting and searching for this type of pack, I was not passing it up. It is olive drab and black with light blue accents and is very sharp looking.

I've enjoyed using this pack and so far have done several day hikes and have used it as a truck bag. The shortest distance I have gone with it was 11 miles at about 27 pounds in 12 degrees and snow on a mountain day hike. I barely realized I had it on. It pretty much moved with me, did not hinder me in any way and has been just the perfect size for the adventures I purchased it for.

It has two pockets in the lid (main pocket and mesh pocket) with a key keeper, which have all been useful. There are several compression straps on the pack which have all worked well and have allowed me to cinch gear down securely. The water bottle pockets held my stainless steel water bottle with no problems.

The main compartment seemed bigger than I thought it would be. My gear packed well inside, stayed in place and I even had room to spare. Once packed, it was fairly easily accessible. There is ample room and areas for mounting gear on the outside of the pack as well.

My uses so far with this bag have been day hikes and somewhat of a "get home bag" for my truck so far, but I would not hesitate to take this pack on an overnight or longer. When my family and I do our summer vacation this year, this Terra 35 will be my first choice to throw my stuff into.

The material is a 420D polyester ripstop and has held up well. I am thoroughly thrilled with my purchase so far and I have gotten several compliments on this pack while out and about. If you come across this pack, take a look at it. If you can get a killer sale deal on it, don't hesitate. Buy one and you will not regret it.

Amazing comfort!!!! You can pack so much into it.

Price Paid: borrowed

Amazing comfort!!!! You can pack so much into it.

I borrowed my friend's, and now I'm looking for one for myself. I would change out my external bag in a heartbeat.

Visit The North Face's Unisex Terra 35 page.

Versatile, sleek and super comfortable, The North Face Terra 35 Pack is just the right size for overnight excursions.

- REI refers to the unisex version

The North Face Terra 35 Backpack The 2014 model of The North Face Terra 35 Backpack is just in time for spring. Its advanced, load-spreading hipbelt is lined with soft air mesh that provides cooling comfort. The padded shoulder is designed to provide a comfortable backpacking experience. The zippered sleeping bag compartment is accessible and is perfect for your hiking and overnight expeditions. It is engineered with 7+ pockets to accommodate all your travel essentials. The hip belt fits hip sizes from 32 up to 39 . The North Face Terra 35 Backpack holds up to 35 L of gear.

- SunnySports refers to the unisex version

The North Face Terra 35 Backpack is a lightweight pack that's ideal for day hikes and overnight trips to favorite off-the-grid locations. Small enough to trek over rough and rugged terrain, this pack won't inhibit you from covering serious ground on day hikes. No stranger to being maxed out either, the anatomically correct shoulder harness and load-spreading hip belt support hefty loads when seeking solitude for an evening in the wilderness. Seven total pockets hold a wide variety of camping and hiking essentials, and six lash points conveniently clip on-trail accessories and tools. An improved sleeping bag compartment allows for easy access without disturbing the pack's contents. Additionally, a vertical back channel promotes air circulation when trudging through oppressive heat and stifling humidity.

- Backcountry.com refers to the unisex version

Free Shipping. The North Face Terra 35 Pack FEATURES of The North Face Terra 35 Pack Vertical channel provides improved ventilation Padded shoulder harness is sleek and anatomical Improved, anatomically correct, load-spreading hipbelt is lined with soft air mesh Improved zippered sleeping bag compartment access 7+ pockets SPECIFICATIONS of The North Face Terra 35 Pack Dimension: 25.4 x 11 x 10.6in. / 64.5 x 28 x 27 cm Stay: Aluminum Frame Sheet: Yes Access: Top, Sleeping Bag H2O Compatible: Yes 600D polyester, 420D nylon mini-ripstop, 1200D polyester SPECIFICATIONS for Medium Average Weight: 3 lbs 7.7 oz / 1580 g Volume: 2319 cubic inches / 38 liter SPECIFICATIONS for Large Average Weight: 3 lbs 10.5 oz / 1660 g Volume: 2319 cubic inches / 38 liter This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

- Moosejaw refers to the unisex version