The North Face Terra 45

Weight 3 lb 14 oz / 1790 g
Capacity 2750 cu in / 45 L
Dimensions 26.75 in x 13.75 in x 8 in / 68 cm x 35 cm x 21 cm
Fabric 420D Polyester Dobby, 420D Mini Ripstop Polyester

I'm a 24 yr old female. 5'6", 116 pounds, 18" torso,…

I'm a 24 yr old female. 5'6", 116 pounds, 18" torso, 28" waist (where I like my pack to ride). I bought the Terra 45 for backpacking and hunting.

I really like the color (I have the dark green/charcoal), because I can use it while hunting and still have a "cool, classy" pack instead of the traditional camo. I tried on numerous packs in the $100-$150 range, I also wanted one that was an earth tone and under 5 lbs, which this one is about 4 lbs.

This one was the most comfortable to me. The shoulder straps are adjustable in three different areas making it a custom fit. Super comfortable, padded, adjustable waist belt. The back ventilates nicely. The weight of the pack is carried on the hips, so your shoulders don't get tired from being pulled back. It has a compartment for a water bladder inside and the setup on one of the shoulder straps. I've used a 2L bladder and it works pretty well without taking up too much room. Has a good-sized sleeping bag compartment and it has straps on both sides to carry a tent/sleeping pad vertically (no straps on bottom). I like all of the pockets.

Two of my favorite features are the zipper along the one side that allows you to get into the main compartment like a duffel bag, so you can easily grab stuff on the bottom and the outermost pocket on the front has stretchy fabric, so you can really load that little puppy up!

I used it on a 10 day trip in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness area in Idaho. I packed around 25lbs all day, everyday. A few days I packed it for about 10-12 hours, with a few breaks of course, and it was surprisingly comfortable for that amount of time. I personally think any pack gets a little tiring after 6-7 hours. I've also used it on a dozen or so day hikes carrying food/clothes/hunting gear and I almost forget I'm wearing it.

I should also note that I had an accident where I compressed my spine and strained numerous back/neck muscles, and I still have one muscle between my spine and shoulder blade that gets aggravated with most packs, but this pack didn't seem to bother it nearly as much.

The reason I didn't give a full five stars is due to the water bottle pockets being hard to reach with the pack on (although they're deep and hold most bottles well) and it didn't come with a rain cover. Which, I noticed it can't stand up to too much more than a steady mist or a couple hours of snow before it starts absorbing water, so it would be smart to purchase a cover.

Before I bought this pack, I was looking at videos of packs and the one I watched on the Terra 45 had a little pocket with a rain cover, but for whatever reason it wasn't on the model I have. I don't know if it's a 2009 or 2010, so maybe the newer ones do?

Overall, I love the pack, quality, and the price. I don't expect to be buying a new pack for a long time!

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Terra 45 versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Terra 45. Read all reviews »

Visit The North Face's Terra 45 page.

A midsized (45-liter), women-specific pack designed to enable female explorers to cover ground, comfortably. Opti Fit System provides an intuitive, adjustable, easy-to-use-tool to measure torso length to ensure a correct fit. Shoulder harness easily slides up or down according to user's back length, and cam locks pack in place.

- The North Face

Pack up The North Face Women's Terra 45 Backpack for a long weekend trek away from cell phones and email. Forget about your over-filled inbox, and enjoy a hike with the Terra's comfortable women's-specific fit that won't leave your shoulders aching for a massage on Monday.

Key Features of the North Face Terra 45 Backpack for WomenDeluxe, vertical mesh channelProvides cooling comfortCushy shoulder harnessImproved, anatomically correctLoad-spreading hipbeltHuge, zip side-entryThe North Face Terra 45 Backpack for WomenThe North Face Terra 45 Backpack for Women is the perfect midsize backpack for ladies who love to enjoy the outdoors. This backpack has a deluxe vertical mesh channel that gives you plenty of extra storage space, in this already spacious backpack. For maximum comfort, the bag is designed to wick away sweat and allow maximum airflow between it and your back, to keep you as cool as possible. The comfortable shoulder harness keeps your shoulders feeling good, instead of hurting under the pressure from the bag and its weight. The backpack is designed to� be anatomically correct for women. It takes all the body differences into account, to make it as comfortable as possible for ladies of all sizes. Comfort and back safety are further assured with the load spreading hip belt, that is designed to ensure that the bag sits properly on your back, without causing strain. The huge side entry zip design allows you all of the space you can possibly need, to pack all of the essentials for your trip. If you are looking for a great ladies backpack you should consider� The North Face Terra 45 Backpack for Women.

- SunnySports

On Sale. Free Shipping. The North Face Women's Terra 45 Pack DECENT FEATURES of The North Face Women's Terra 45 Pack Deluxe vertical mesh channel on back panel provides cooling comfort Cushy shoulder harness is sleek and anatomical Improved, anatomically correct, load-spreading hipbelt is lined with soft tricot Huge zippered side entry to main compartment Improved zippered sleeping-bag-compartment access The SPECS of The North Face Women's Terra 45 Pack Average Weight: 3 lbs 14 oz / 1795 g Volume: 2750 cubic inches / 45 liter Dimension: 26.75 x 13.75 x 8in. / 68 x 35 x 21 cm 420D nylon, 420D mini-ripstop polyester Stays: Aluminum Frame Sheet: Yes Access: Top, Side, Sleeping Bag H20 Compatible: Yes OVERSIZE ITEM: We cannot ship this product by any expedited shipping method (3-Day, 2-Day or Next Day). Even if you pick that option, it will still go Ground Shipping. Sorry for being so mean. This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

The North Face Women's Terra 45

The North Face Women's Terra 45 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 19, 2014 at The North Face.