The North Face Torrent

I've had this bag for years!! A friend's college roommate…

I've had this bag for years!! A friend's college roommate actually left it behind one year and it was tossed out by the people who were painting and doing renovations. By the time i picked it up it was covered in mold pretty much and filthy as all hell.

After cleaning like 50 times, I can actually say it's been the best book bag i've ever had. I have used it from carry-on to day hikes... day long bike rides, nighttime fishing trips and livin it up hobo style from Auburn to Frisco, CA.

I was really into martial arts before needing screws in my collarbone, so it was a great bag to take to and from the mat. There are obviously some things that can be worked on as far as the design, but i give it a 5 because it has never ever failed to come through (although the fabric around the zippers is starting to rip, but what can I expect from a bag i pulled from the trash over 5 years ago).

SUPER LONG STORY SHORT.... I'm looking for one in green for when this one Finally gets its long overdue retirement. 5 stars!!!!

If you've owned or used The North Face Torrent, please share your experience.

The North Face Torrent

The Torrent has been discontinued.

The North Face Torrent is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 8, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.