The North Face Trek Light GTX

Good boot - I don't believe I had the right fit. My…

Use: Hiking, Dayhikes, rough trail
Break-in Period: 2 years still waiting
Weight: unknown
Price Paid: Unknown

Good boot - I don't believe I had the right fit. My first and wonderful pair of older North Face hiking boots developed a serious defect (popping sound) in the soles. North Face no longer made that shoe so they sent me a replacement in the Light GTX in the same size. Problem is different fit. Horrible fit, actually. They feel very large and somewhat "clumpy." Also rub in a different way that I've never been able to resolve. I will try to contact North Face to resolve but right now I am leaning towards buying a new and different brand, such as the Asolo TPS 520.

rated 2.00 of 5 stars All Trek Light GTX versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Trek Light GTX. Read all reviews »

The North Face Trek Light GTX Hiking Boot will take you over the river, through the woods, and back again. Heck, they'll take you THROUGH the river, too they're waterproof. Weighing just 2.5 pounds per pair, they are light enough for day hikes but provide enough support for weeklong adventures. The key to the Trek Light's outstanding weight savings is the revolutionary outsole that offers maximum traction and support in a lightweight design. And weight isn't the only thing you'll save. The Trek Light GTX is an incredible value for a Gore-Tex boot.

- Backcountry Outlet

Don't let the word "Light" in the product name fool you. The waterproof and breathable North Face Trek Light GTX is far hardier than many "light" day hike boots. In fact, The North Face recommends it for five-day backpacking outings, provided that your pack doesn't exceed fifty pounds in weight. Inside the durable, 2.2-mm. thick Italian leather upper is a waterproof and breathable triple-ply Gore-Tex DuraKool membrane that keeps mud, rain and slush out of your socks. There's also an anatomically shaped Anti-Slip footbed for added comfort and friction control (because blisters on your calluses with three days left on the trail are no fun

- Altrec Outdoors

The North Face Women's Trek Light GTX

The Women's Trek Light GTX has been discontinued.

The North Face Women's Trek Light GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 28, 2007 at Backcountry Outlet.