The North Face Venture Pack

I used this pack on an ultralight canyoneering overnight…

Design: Top-loading
Size: 2450
Number of Pockets: 1+main compartment
Max. Load Carried: 15 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'0''

I used this pack on an ultralight canyoneering overnight trip. I found that the framesheet is curved out too much around the lumbar area. With the minimal padding around the hips, the framesheet made it feel like I was carrying a freight train when in actuality I only had less than 15 pounds of gear! The pack was nice looking and had some good features (mesh side pockets, elastic cording) but lacked in what TNF has become known for, quality and comfort. Also was a minus that the top compartment was sewn in on the back part, and was not adjustable.

Overall, I would search out a different pack if you need something around this size. If you have a smaller frame, then the framesheet might fit you better, who knows.

If you've owned or used The North Face Venture Pack, please share your experience.

The North Face Venture Pack

The Venture Pack has been discontinued.

The North Face Venture Pack is not available from the stores we monitor.