The North Face Verbera Hiker GTX

Light hiker: Nice and light! Waterproof but breathable—I…

Summary

Light hiker: Nice and light! Waterproof but breathable—I hiked 15 miles, 92 degrees in Florida with wool socks and didn't think my feet got too hot. These boots will tend to "fold" half way up the ankle forcing the upper part of the heel cradle to dig into your ankle if you are carrying more than about 25lbs. Roomy—Watch the width! I have a narrow-small profile foot so I know I could have used some after market inserts and would buy a narrower boot next time, if I had not been hiking flat ground I believe my foot would have slid around a lot.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Breathable
  • Light weight

Cons

• On the "wide" side for shoe width

Activities: 1. Hiking/climbing Turtle Peak near Las Vegas very small day pack. 2. Hiking 15 miles in Florida heavy load (30lbs). 3. General hiking in Florida including through water.

My Foot: Narrow and low profile with a good arch, I can wear a 7 dress shoe and a 9 running, this boot is an 8 and is perfect in length

The Good: Definitely waterproof to the tipity top and yet breathable. I hiked in Las Vegas and in Florida with wool socks and not once did my feet overheat or get extremely sweaty. They are also lightweight with great traction allowing you to be quick and nimble if you are carrying minimal gear.

They have a little flex in the forward part of the sole, again good for maneuverability but not good if you are looking for a stiffer platform. No break-in was needed. Laces did the job and you could snug the shoe down.

The Bad: Definitely a light hiker. My upper heels were pretty sore after a 2-day overnight trip because they had started to fold in about half way up and dig into my heel. Granted I was carrying a pretty heavy load (too heavy for these shoes). I know that I have a narrow foot, but even so the shoe seemed a bit wide.

I think I did o.k. on terrain in Las Vegas because I wasn't carrying any real weight, so I didn't bruise my toes or get blisters from my foot sliding around. I do not recommend these for light hiking on terrain unless you have a wider foot or get some after market inserts. In terrain, with weight, I believe your foot may slide considerably.

The North Face Women's Verbera Hiker GTX Boot was born from the minds of athletes who recognized a need for a lightweight, fully featured hiking boot focused on technical terrain. Burly backpacking boots make sense on long-haul treks, but for those early-morning summit pushes through weather and up to 10,000 feet, it's nice to have something a little more nimble on your feet. Enter the Verbera with its Gore-Tex weatherproofing, grippy Vibram sole, and medium-volume last.

On Sale. Free Shipping. The North Face Women's Verbera Hiker GTX Boot FEATURES of The North Face Women's Verbera Hiker GTX Boot Upper: Gore-Tex waterproof, breathable membrane Nubuck leather upper with ballistic mesh Locking instep eyelet Northotic Pro upgraded EVA footbed with Poron ReSource heel and forefoot-cushioning pads and ESS Cradle support Bottom: Cradle heel-cushioning and stability technology Compression-molded EVA midsole Exclusive Vibram outsole 80% post-consumer recycled Bi-Fit insole board is ergonomically tuned to achieve the desired flexibility level SPECIFICATIONS of The North Face Women's Verbera Hiker GTX Boot Last: L/TNF-S12-06 Approx Weight: 1/2 pair: 1 lb 2 oz / 499 g, pair: 2 lbs 4 oz / 998 g This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

Hike to your heart's content in these waterproof, leather hiking boots, featuring a breathable GORE-TEX membrane. Tested and proven by the world's best alpinists, these boots are handcrafted in Italy and perfect for carrying lighter-weight loads. Expect high traction thanks to an exclusive Vibram outsole.

- The North Face

Lightweight, full-featured day-hiking boot designed in Italy; perfect for carrying lighter-weight loads over technical terrain / UPPER/ GORE-TEX(R) waterproof, breathable membrane / Nubuck leather upper with ballistic mesh / Locking instep eyelet / Northotic(TM) Pro upgraded EVA footbed with Poron(R) ReSource heel and forefoot cushioning pads and ESS CRADLE(TM) support BOTTOM/ CRADLE(TM) heel cushioning and stability technology / Compression-molded EVA midsole / Exclusive Vibram(R) outsole / 80% post-consumer recycled Bi-Fit(TM) insole board is ergonomically tuned to achieve the desired flexibility level

- Rocky Mountain Trail

The North Face Verbera Gore-Tex Backpacking Boot is a great technical leather trekking boot with Italian craftsmanship and European build. It is lined with Gore-Tex, making it waterproof and breathable. This hiking boot provides maximum support for carrying heavy loads over difficult terrain.Gore-Tex waterproof breathable membraneFull-Grain Italian leather upperSmartlite PU mudguardStainless steel upper eyelets and locking instep eyeletsNorthotic Pro+ premium EVA footbed with gel heel and OrthoLite forefoot cushioning pads and TPU Cradle supportTPU Cradle heel-stability technologyFour-part, co-molded midsoleBASF Agile PU body and EVA cushioningTPU ShankVibram Masai outsolePolypropylene lasting boardAO4S

- Campmor

The North Face Women's Verbera Hiker GTX

The North Face Women's Verbera Hiker GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 4, 2014 at Backcountry.com.