The North Face Verbera Lightpacker GTX

Excellent fit and comfort, with interesting design.

Price Paid: 100 pounds

Summary

Excellent fit and comfort, with interesting design. The traction is great, and the support around the ankle and heel are very good without being too stiff.

Pros

• Very comfortable
  • Excellent grip

Cons

• Looks are a little "out there"

Fit: Quoted to be narrow, but I found the fit excellent, and I have a wider than normal foot. Lacing system works well, never any uncomfortable pressure points.

Comfort: Did not require more than a few hours to adjust to them, and no real break-in time as you would expect from full leather walking boots. Fit was good so no chaffing, friction or pressure points, and boots are high enough to keep out debris. I have been dealing with a heel spur, and these are the only boots I have managed to do a full days hike in, and actually be able to walk relatively pain free after taking them off.

Support: The sole is quite stiff and the boot hugs the ankle and heel nicely.

Water resistance: As expected, it does keep outside water out, but the Gore-tex liner also keeps quite a bit of inside water from getting out.

Traction: So far traction appears to be excellent.

Construction and Durability: Initial impressions are very good. However, the previous poster mentioned durability issues after a while. I have not put on as many trail miles so I can't say what the longer term durability is. I do not expect them to be as good as a traditional leather boot, but it may well be that the user has gotten a lemon. I believe the TNF warranty will cover any material construction failure outside of normal wear and tear.

I will update my review after more miles

Conditions: hiking peak district (UK) and Brecon Beacons (Wales)

Wow, not even 100 trail miles and they are wearing…

Summary

Wow, not even 100 trail miles and they are wearing out. I really had high hopes, but disappointed.

Pros

• Fit was great for my foot

Cons

• Rubber separating from cloth
  • Soles are already wearing at less than 100 trail miles (less than a year)

When I saw these in a North Face store I fell in love with them. I tried them on, fit great, felt good. I did a couple Long backpacks with these boots and never felt any foot pain.

BUT here is what is so sad... they are wearing out much too quickly. Not that I have abused them either — maybe 80 miles have been trail and off trail (but nothing big) use and the soles are wearing out, and the rubber is pulling away from the tops.

I really liked these boots, kept my feet dry when it rained for 4 days straight on the trail, never a blister or hot spot. Too bad the quality is not what North Face should be known for.

The North Face Verbera Lightpacker GTX

The North Face Verbera Lightpacker GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 18, 2014 at Backcountry.com.