The North Face WindWall 1 Jacket - Men's

Weight 24.7 oz / 700 g
Fabric 75D 292 g / sq m (8.6 oz / sq yd) WindWall® Polyester Fleece Bonded to a Fleece Backer

My shell jacket has been great for shedding the rain,…

My shell jacket has been great for shedding the rain, but when it comes to a cold, windy day, I'm out of luck with just the shell. I needed something other than a cotton hoody or a wool sweatshirt to keep me warm.

After doing some research, I found the Windwall 1 on sale at the local Hudson Trail Outfitters. There were several other more expensive options for a wind fleece, but I stuck with the most affordable one. After going on a hike over the weekend, I had a chance to see how effective the jacket was against the wind.

Needless to say, this was the perfect, lightweight investment needed to complete my mid-layer hiking/backpacking/everyday need. It kept me warm and comfortable, doing a perfect job at blocking the gusts of cold (30°F) wind.

The only thing this jacket lacks is a pocket on the inside of the jacket.

The North Face Men's WindWall 1 Jacket

The Men's WindWall 1 Jacket has been discontinued. It last appeared in The North Face's 2011 product line.

The North Face Men's WindWall 1 Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 14, 2015 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review