Weight 24.7 oz / 700 g
Fabric 75D 292 g / sq m (8.6 oz / sq yd) WindWall® Polyester Fleece Bonded to a Fleece Backer

My shell jacket has been great for shedding the rain,…

My shell jacket has been great for shedding the rain, but when it comes to a cold, windy day, I'm out of luck with just the shell. I needed something other than a cotton hoody or a wool sweatshirt to keep me warm.

After doing some research, I found the Windwall 1 on sale at the local Hudson Trail Outfitters. There were several other more expensive options for a wind fleece, but I stuck with the most affordable one. After going on a hike over the weekend, I had a chance to see how effective the jacket was against the wind.

Needless to say, this was the perfect, lightweight investment needed to complete my mid-layer hiking/backpacking/everyday need. It kept me warm and comfortable, doing a perfect job at blocking the gusts of cold (30°F) wind.

The only thing this jacket lacks is a pocket on the inside of the jacket.

The North Face Men's WindWall 1 Jacket

The Men's WindWall 1 Jacket has been discontinued. It last appeared in The North Face's 2011 product line.

The North Face Men's WindWall 1 Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 14, 2015 at Mountain Gear.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review