The Travel Hammock Skeeter Beeter Pro Hammock

I've used my Skeeter Beeter Pro on over 20 backpacking…

Design: Hammock with attached bugnet
Ease of Setup: Simple
Weight: 27 ounces

I've used my Skeeter Beeter Pro on over 20 backpacking trips. It keeps the bugs out with the bugnet deployed. When the temps are cooler and the bugs are away, simply flip the hammock over and leave the bugnet underneath. When flipped over for cooler weather, the bugnet can also hold a sleeping pad or other insulation in place under the hammock.

I have the Skeeter Beeter Pro and the UL version. The Pro does weigh a bit more, but it is also larger, more durable and supports more weight.

While the include suspension system made of cord is simple and durable, I chose to replace it with 5m of polyester webbing. The 8mm ropes dig into trees more than webbing, and the included 3m ropes are often not long enough when hanging from larger diameter trees.

All in all, this is a really good product. I have four different types of hammocks from this company and have no problem recommending them to others. I'm not sure how their warranty process goes as I have never had a reason to return one.

Stay away from Travel Hammock products. The company…

Stay away from Travel Hammock products. The company does not honor their warranty.

I had a hammock rip on me and first they were very slow responding to me (2 months). Then they offered to send me a replacement. They sent the wrong one and let me keep both. They said they were also sending out the right hammock and it has still never arrived. They claim they already sent it and gave me the tracking number for the one sent before.

I've even spoke with Kevin, the owner, he was very unprofessional and complained that he was losing too much money over this warranty ordeal when his company makes millions. He also claimed that they cannot fix my hammock because I bought it for under their MSRP from a different online retailer.

I've had so many problems with this company, and I never intend to deal with them again. Beware!

New addition which combines all the great features of the original Skeeter Beeter Hammock, plus the super strong and durable parachute nylon material. Attached NO-SEE-UM mosquito net mesh and double sided zipper makes for easy in and out, 2 pockets on the inside for storage and overhead suspension system for easy set-up. Comes with everything you need and won't disappoint when bugs are an issue. 400 lbs weight capacity. Dimensions: 10'6" x 5' Weight: 28 oz.

- Vargo Outdoors

Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro Hammock keeps bugs away from you while you relax. This lightweight parachute nylon silk hammock has a built on no-see-um mesh canopy to keep bugs out and an incredible load capacity of 400 lbs. A full length zipper simplifies getting in and out. Includes rope to keep the canopy suspended. 2 inner pockets on the mesh keep your glasses, knife, flashlight or whatever in a convenient and close location. Easy to use without the screen, just roll it over. Discover the ease and comfort of hammock life and as they say "It beats the ground." Yes it does. Steel 'S' hook for hanging ease is strong and reliable High Strength Parachute Nylon Silk - 400 lb capacity Ultra fine no-see-um mesh keeps winged and crawling creatures OUT Includes a FREE Hammock Hanging Kit which includes two 10' pieces of 4.5mm pre-knotted climbing rope to hang the hammock High Grade Nylon Triple Interlocking Stitching Packs about the size of a football Lightweight Breathable fabric for warm weather comfort Each hammock is rot resistant and resists mildew Hammock Storage Pocket built onto the hammock can't be lost and doubles as drink or gear pocket while the hammock is in use 2 Storage pockets inside the mesh for convenience Quick drying nylon Great for backyard or backpacking Easier set up when using the optional Slap Straps Color - Olive Green Capacity - 1 Dimensions - 10' 6" x 5' Weight - 27oz Weight Limit - 400lbs Import.

- Campmor

The Travel Hammock Skeeter Beeter Pro Hammock

The Travel Hammock Skeeter Beeter Pro Hammock is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 12, 2011 at Vargo Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new hammock, check out the best reviewed current models.