Therm-a-Rest DreamTime

The pinnacle of comfort, the one mattress to rule…

Source: borrowed it

Summary

The pinnacle of comfort, the one mattress to rule them all. You may re-evaluate the comfort of your mattress at home. My parents have replaced the RV mattress with two of these.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Brand reliability
  • Compressibility

Cons

• Price

This is far and above the most comfortable mattress for camping with a car, a wife, for a week, a night, warm, and cold.  Foam over top of air with a large overall size and rectangular shape take away all of the "roughing it" except the first-world problem of how to get melted marshmallows and chocolate off of the area between your fingers.

I have used my father's pads for a few nights of car camping, and now I'm saving up for my own. They will replace my trifold Costco sleeping pads that together take up somewhere around a cubic yard.

The Dreamtime packs up just a tad larger than a traditional air mattress. OK, twice as large. These pack down better and are far more comfortable than those Costco mattresses. The only beef I have is the price point.

Disclaimer: I am from Seattle-ish, and have severe brand loyalty to all brands originating in the area.

I use this mattress for everything but hike-in backcountry…

I use this mattress for everything but hike-in backcountry trips. The mattress is easy and small enough to use in place of any bed so when asked if I want to surf the couch or the spare bed (undoubtedly with coil spring pressure points) I roll out Dreamtime and the name speaks for itself. Go XL for sure, you can read a book with your elbows on the mattress and roll side to side while in REM at this point when OZs aren't an issue go with complete comfort!

Therm-a-Rest DreamTime

The Therm-a-Rest DreamTime is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 6, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.