Therm-a-Rest DreamTime

The pinnacle of comfort, the one mattress to rule…

Source: borrowed it

Summary

The pinnacle of comfort, the one mattress to rule them all. You may re-evaluate the comfort of your mattress at home. My parents have replaced the RV mattress with two of these.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Brand reliability
  • Compressibility

Cons

• Price

This is far and above the most comfortable mattress for camping with a car, a wife, for a week, a night, warm, and cold.  Foam over top of air with a large overall size and rectangular shape take away all of the "roughing it" except the first-world problem of how to get melted marshmallows and chocolate off of the area between your fingers.

I have used my father's pads for a few nights of car camping, and now I'm saving up for my own. They will replace my trifold Costco sleeping pads that together take up somewhere around a cubic yard.

The Dreamtime packs up just a tad larger than a traditional air mattress. OK, twice as large. These pack down better and are far more comfortable than those Costco mattresses. The only beef I have is the price point.

Disclaimer: I am from Seattle-ish, and have severe brand loyalty to all brands originating in the area.

I use this mattress for everything but hike-in backcountry…

I use this mattress for everything but hike-in backcountry trips. The mattress is easy and small enough to use in place of any bed so when asked if I want to surf the couch or the spare bed (undoubtedly with coil spring pressure points) I roll out Dreamtime and the name speaks for itself. Go XL for sure, you can read a book with your elbows on the mattress and roll side to side while in REM at this point when OZs aren't an issue go with complete comfort!

If you've owned or used a Therm-a-Rest DreamTime, please share your experience.

Therm-a-Rest DreamTime

The Therm-a-Rest DreamTime is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.