Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Venture WV

The Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Venture sleeping pad is a…

Summary

The Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Venture sleeping pad is a high quality pad that provides good value. It is a durable pad that allows for a comfortable night's sleep. It inflates easily and can be expected to last a long time.

Pros

• Easy on the wallet
  • Inflates easily

Cons

• Heavy
  • Not good for cold weather

The Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Venture is a good value for a very good air mattress. It inflates easily, but I have found that a plastic trash bag with a home made fitting on the bottom corner can be used to inflate it in a couple of minutes.

It is constructed of a very durable material that seems to be fairly resistant to punctures. I have used it for about ten nights total on the Appalachian Trail and for local camping and it does not lose any air overnight. I will say that I'm easy on my gear and I have always used it in a tent with a Tyvek ground cloth underneath.

The durability does have a cost. It is heavier than the ultra light sleeping pads that are available. Also, I used this pad in early spring when the nights were in the low 40's and I did get cold. I used this with a 23 degree down bag but I got cold from the bottom. The R rating on the pad is fairly low and is not really meant to be used in cold weather.

Thanks for sharing your Therm-a-Rest review, Robert! I'd love to see some pictures of your pad in your review if you're willing to add some.

Very comfortable, durable pad that is easily adjustable…

Summary

Very comfortable, durable pad that is easily adjustable with the turn of an air release valve.

Pros

• 20 deep breaths to inflate
  • Durability and strength of materials
  • Easy to adjust to comfort level
  • Compact and lightweight

Cons

• Not self inflating

Took the NeoAir out of the package and it is a dark grey color. First impression was that it was well made and durable. I thought I had bought a self inflating pad, so was a bit disappointed that it wasn't that type of pad.

Nevertheless, it was easy to blow up. It took my boyfriend about twenty exhales and then he turned the valve to keep the air from escaping. It felt really good when I laid down on it. Used it overnight in freezing temps and it stayed inflated. I placed my sleeping bag over the top of it and was very cozy. Wasn't at all noisy as I heard another reviewer say.

My only issue with it is packing it up. In order to get all the air out, I would suggest getting as much air out that you can possibly get before trying to roll it up. It makes a big difference when you tri-fold it.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase.