Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest Deluxe

It is the best closed cell sleeping pad on the market.

It is the best closed cell sleeping pad on the market. Except the inflatable ones, there is nothing coming even close to this one.

The only down side is its bulk. No matter how tightly you roll it, it is still big, given the fact that I have a large one. I saw some condensation between the ridges but they no way affected its performance, I was warm and dry in the morning.

With the other closed-cell pad, I felt the cold coming from the ground especially in snowy winter conditions, but not with this one, well worth the price. If you do not wanna spend too much on inflatable ones, look no further, this is the one. Be careful with the size though.

The RidgeRest Deluxe is very warm, comfortable and…

The RidgeRest Deluxe is very warm, comfortable and very durable. I have one for ten years and mainly used it for winter outings. I have used it alone in nights where temps range in the 0 - 15F. I have often used it with the Therma-Rest self inflating pad, other than the added comfort there was no appreciable difference whether with or without the self inflating pad.
The reason for the four stars is the bulkiness of the pad. I used a regular size which is 72" long. When rolled up it is big.

I plan on buying the Deluxe in the small (50") which makes a big difference. A little bigger that a Therma Rest self inflating pad in reg. size when rolled up. Then I plan on buying the Z Rest seat pad for lounging and for my feet under my bag to make up for the lost of foot and a half.

A very good sleeping pad. As another reviewer mentioned,…

A very good sleeping pad. As another reviewer mentioned, it does roll "big." With some effort, I was able to get the sized down to 6-7 inches in diameter. The weight is very good and is very comfortable.

If you've owned or used a Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest Deluxe, please share your experience.

Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest Deluxe

The RidgeRest Deluxe has been discontinued.

The Therm-a-Rest RidgeRest Deluxe is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 9, 2013 at OMCgear.

If you're looking for a new closed-cell foam sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.