Therm-a-Rest UltraLite

This is exactly what is claims to be. It is an ultra…

Price Paid: not sure

This is exactly what is claims to be. It is an ultra light self inflating pad that is perfect when it's not too cold and light weight is the biggest concern. I've used mine for two full backpacking seasons. It is only about 3/4 inch thick but very comfortable. It weighs less than a pound (mine is the 3/4 length version). I fold it in half and then roll it up to just larger than a nalgene bottle. I overinflate it but it has been very durable and supports my 220 pounds without any damage.

For extra heat insulation and comfort I sometimes combine it with a full length Z-rest. Together still under 2 pounds. The UltraLite was replaced by the similar ProLite 3 just after I purchased it.

I think the ProLite 3 has better thermal insulation and a full length ProLite 3 MIGHT eliminate the need to add a Zrest (not sure).

If you've owned or used a Therm-a-Rest UltraLite, please share your experience.

Therm-a-Rest UltraLite

The UltraLite has been discontinued.

The Therm-a-Rest UltraLite is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at FogDog Sports.

If you're looking for a new self-inflating sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.