Timberland Euro Hiker

I got these boot on sale and at first I was not sure…

Materials: Light weight all leather
Use: Tough trail
Break-in Period: 2-3 weeks
Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz
Price Paid: $65 on sale

I got these boot on sale and at first I was not sure I had gotten my money's worth. The break-in was quite hard on my feet but I don't use shoes all that often so that has something to do with it (I live in the tropics). Since then I have put 150-200 miles of city and rough trail walking on them. other than replacing the insoles with a set of superfeet (I have had the superfeet for years) these boots have been great. On-trail hiking here in Hawaii can and does often qualify as off trail. It's rough enough that it can take 5 hours to hike 7 miles. No blisters and no bruised feet.

Not the best shoe ever but maybe the best for the…

Materials: leather
Break-in Period: 1-3 days

Not the best shoe ever but maybe the best for the money, particularly if you can find a discontinued style or color.

Felt comfortable the first day. Mostly broken in the next day and comfortable enough for all day use by day three. Good support and a very soft tongue.

Unlike other multi-purpose shoes in this type, work, hiking, walking, the Timberlands seem at home doing all three.

All in a recommendation for the light day hiker or work boot without the steel toe.

I'm a big guy at 6'4", 275lbs. It takes a lot to find…

Materials: Leather
Use: Day Hiking & med. pack
Break-in Period: 2 weeks
Weight: 3 lbs(approx)
Price Paid: $100 US

I'm a big guy at 6'4", 275lbs. It takes a lot to find a pair of boots that fit. These are not the ones! They took forever to break-in and once broken-in they were still uncomfortable. I bought a good insole and that helped a little but not enough. I'm going to try Vasque next.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Euro Hiker versions

In addition to the 3 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Euro Hiker. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Timberland Men's Euro Hiker, please share your experience.