Timberland Ledge Mid Leather and Fabric Hiker

Comfortable walking shoe The Timberland Ledge was…

Summary

Comfortable walking shoe

Pros

• Light
  • Good traction

Cons

• Minimal ankle support
  • Minimal lugs

The Timberland Ledge was one of the first boots I bought when I moved out of the cheap consumer grade boots like those you might find at Walmart or Target.

I tried on many other boots from a variety of different manufacturers — I knew I wanted GoreTex liners and Vibram outsoles, and I wanted something comfortable and light. The Ledge fit the bill best, and I wore them for a year or two with no problems. The leather was soft and supple and the breakin time was minimal, and I found I was wearing them around town as well as on local walking trails. My feet were always dry, and the traction was adequate for those conditions.

This is not however a very rugged boot. The sole is thin enough that you can feel sharp rocks poking through, and the fabric offers little protection. The ankle support is negligible, and the boot lacks niceties like lace locks. I would hesitate to call this a 'hiking boot' - 'high-end walking shoe' might be more accurate, or 'light day-hiker'.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Timberland Men's Ledge Mid Fabric and Leather Boot DECENT FEATURES of the Timberland Men's Ledge Mid Fabric and Leather Boot Premium leather and lightweight mesh upper for durability, abrasion resistance and support Nylon shank provides support on the trail Removable contoured sockliner for additional underfoot comfort Exclusive Vibram outsole designed for traction on varied terrain

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Take to the trail with full foot and ankle protection in a pair of Timberland Men's Ledge Mid Fabric/ Leather Hiking Boots. An EVA-molded midsole with Vibram outsole give great grip on multiple terrains, while a built in nylon shank provides support and stability. The ideal boot to wear when taking on tough-climb conditions.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

Timberland Ledge Mid Leather and Fabric Hiker

The Timberland Ledge Mid Leather and Fabric Hiker is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 27, 2013 at Moosejaw.