These shoes fared well, many + and - . I have hike…

Materials: leather
Use: trips ranging from 18mls to weeklong full backpacking trips
Break-in Period: two days constant use
Weight: 1.5 - 2.0 lbs
Price Paid: 100 bucks?

These shoes fared well, many + and - . I have hike in december snow falls and rainy seasons. The boots feel like comfortable tennis shoes when broken in. You'll know what I mean if you ever get them. Feet stayed dry with two coats of snow seal. Major draw backs, only ankle high support. Boots are stable with pack but need extra ankle support whith heavy pack. I didn't like the steel eyelets.

I had a problem with one pair and returned them directly to the company. No ? asked. Customer service excellent. If I could recomend them. I would say good for flat trails and light picture trails but not for AT or any hilly regions. I am choosing to buy better suited boots for my happy trails. I love those boots though. Their so comfortable I could put them on and forget their on my feet.

I have only taken them out once but they kept my feet…

Materials: Leather
Use: rough trail
Break-in Period: 1 day
Weight: 2 lbs

I have only taken them out once but they kept my feet pretty dry considering that we were in a deep creek plus they had good support. I would reccomend them for the good price. (BACKPACKER magazine ranked them at $110.)