Timex Adventure Tech Altimeter

This is the first such altimeter watch I have owned.

This is the first such altimeter watch I have owned. I have read that the band is wimpy and the altimeter is inaccurate but I haven't had any problems with mine.

Naturally it needs calibration pretty much daily, its really just a barometer and when the barometer changes so does the altitude.

Mine is never off more than a hundred feet or so if I keep up with calibration, which I don't. I do like the weather icon function and, based on my observations, its pretty accurate. Of course there is more to notice before a change in weather than just a barometer. Nature usually sends some other warnings. It's just another tool to use, not the only one to use.

Worst altimeter on the market. Notoriously inaccurate…

Worst altimeter on the market. Notoriously inaccurate at all barometric pressures. Other functions are okay but I took this on an expedition and was laughed at for its gross inaccuracy in elevations. I'm talking thousands of feet off despite constant calibration.

Great! For the price you can't beat it. It does everything…

Great! For the price you can't beat it. It does everything the high dollar altimeter watches do, but at a 1/4 the price. Light, sleek and cool!

Timex Adventure Tech Altimeter

The Timex Adventure Tech Altimeter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 17, 2010 at Ramsey Outdoor.

If you're looking for a new altimeter watch, check out the best reviewed current models.

GSI Outdoors 10 Oz. Flask Review