Tracks Trek'R 3

I bought the Trek'R 3s eight years ago for my first…

I bought the Trek'R 3s eight years ago for my first Grand Canyon hike. They were great then. Still are. Easy to use and adjust; the plastic film covering the pop-out adjuster buttons is really a nice touch. Keeps grit and grime from getting into the works. The pole sections slide smoothly and adjust quickly.When I'm not using the poles, I telescope them down; they store easily.

Am going to use them again in a couple of weeks for another Grand Canyon foray. Since the first time, I've learned how to use the poles more effectively. I didn't realize, for example, the benefit of cinching the wrist strap more closely. I was leaving the loops large and loose, forcing me to grip the poles instead of using the straps and making them do the work with my wrists. Hike and learn.

If you've owned or used a Tracks Trek'R 3, please share your experience.

Tracks Trek'R 3

The Tracks Trek'R 3 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 5, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new rigid trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.