TrekSta Kisatchie

Fantastic and versatile sandals. These sandals rock!

Summary

Fantastic and versatile sandals.

Pros

• Wonderful lacing system
  • Attractive

Cons

• A bit squeaky

These sandals rock! They look great — very shoe-like if you just glance at them. They have great traction and are very comfortable.

Sizing is spot-on — I usually wear 11 and got 11 1/2 in these because that was the only size available at a great sale price. The 11 1/2 is actually a little looser than I would have preferred, so sizing is accurate and no need to size up or down.

Construction is great. I've had mine over a year, have worn them frequently, and they still look new. Best of all is the BOA dial-in tightening system. These were the first I'd encountered with this kind of system and I love it. It's quicker than laces, more precise than velcro, and very secure.

Instead of laces, there is one continuous thin cable that is tightened and/or loosened with via a small dial.  I love how the cord runs behind the Achilles in addition to over the top of the foot, causing the whole shoe to simply conform to the foot when the dial is tightened. It's an excellent system and I've come to wish more shoes employed it.

The only negative is that they sometimes squeak a little when I walk in them. Not enough for me to really care about it, but if a little squeakiness would irritate you then you might avoid these.

Otherwise, can't rave enough about these pups!