Tubbs Flex NRG

These are my first set of snowshoes so I don't have…

These are my first set of snowshoes so I don't have anything to compare them to. The bindings are easy to use and comfortable. When I used these on somewhat packed snow they worked great, I was able to walk the same as I normally do and it didn't seam like I had anything but hiking boots on.

I also had a chance to use these snowshoes in deep powder when I went off the trail. With my gear I weigh around 185 lbs so I am towards the upper limit for powder but still under the 190 lb suggested powder limit. I sank into the snow more than I would have liked but was able to get around OK with the help of my trekking poles. I traced my steps back to the trail by stepping in the same places as my way into the woods I was able to walk with no problem and no further sinking into the snow.

Overall I enjoyed using these snowshoes and they would be excellent for people who stay on a trail or walk on somewhat packed snow. If you plan on using them in deep powder they still work ok but I would imagine that a longer snowshoe would be better. Bottom line, Great for trails, OK in powder, Very comfortable and Light.

I love mine. I particularly like the ease of use.

I love mine. I particularly like the ease of use. Great shoe. The only reason I don't rate it higher is something must be wrong with it.

Visit Tubbs's Men's Flex NRG page.

Tubbs Flex NRG 24 Snowshoes (pair)The Tubbs Flex NRG 24 Snowshoes is the gold standard for ergonomic comfort, combining the patented Soft Strike zone with the biomechanically designed FLEX Tail. Ideal for fitness and recreational activities, its slim, deck shape allows you to move naturally and securely. Its advanced Torsion Deck design adapts to different snow conditions, with its decks allowing torsional articulation, enhancing traction, biomechanics and comfort on uneven terrain. Snow Brakes and Soft Strike zone features aid in weighted traction, allowing for a quiet overall experience while snowshoeing. These shoes' Rotating Toe Cord design enables the tail of the snowshoe to drop and snow to shed off the tail, reducing cardio-respiratory strain by 7%. Featuring the gender-specific 180 Pro (180 series binding) integrating the extended rigid Control Wings, a locking heel strap, and a contoured, padded upper, assures you of pressure-free comfort and added warmth. Maximizing weighted traction and responsiveness, these snowshoes are designed with a Carbon steel toe crampon and 3D curved Traction Rails, ensuring superior side-hill grip in hard or icy conditions. With unique features incorporated into the design of the Tubbs Flex NRG 24 Snowshoes, one is assured of the highest level of comfort, safety, and durability.

- SunnySports refers to the men's version

Ditch the treadmill and the stairstepper, because the Tubbs Men's Flex NRG Snowshoes will allow you to keep up your fitness routine in the dead of winter. The NRG's Flex Tail technology allows the snowshoe to roll more naturally underfoot from heel-strike to toe-off, so you can walk or even jog with a more natural-feeling gait. Tubbs gave the Flex NRG its patented Soft Strike Zone under the heel of the binding to make your walk, hike, or run easier on your joints.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

The FLEX NRG is the gold standard for ergonomic comfort. The patented Soft Strike zone, which acts like the shock-absorbing midsole in your athletic shoes to absorb shock and reduce footslap noise, coupled with the biomechanically-designed FLEX Tail makes the FLEX NRG a dream for your joints. With the set-and-forget 180FLEX binding, and the FLEX Series 3D-curved Traction rails, the FLEX NRG is designed to keep you secure for your all-day treks. Increased taper of the tail enhances maneuverability Ergonomically and biomechanically designed FLEX Tail absorbs shock from heel strike Torsion Deck design adapts to variable snow conditions underfoot by allowing torsional articulation throughout the body of the snowshoe Rotating Toe Cord design enables the tail of the snowshoe to drop and snow to shed off the tail 180FLEX binding combines step-in convenience with Control Wing technology for secure, pressure free support Carbon steel toe crampon maximizes weighted traction and responsiveness while 3D curved Traction Rails ensure superior side-hill grip in hard or icy conditions Progressive molded Snow Brakes on the deck as well as the Soft Strike zone improve weighted traction

- OMCgear refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Tubbs' Flex NRG snowshoes offer all-day comfort on packed and variable snow thanks to the FLEX tail design, flexible Torsion Deck and the Soft Strike Zone that absorbs shock just like the midsole in your running shoes. Available Colors: GREY/BLACK, GREY/RED.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version