Tubbs Flex TRK

For the casual snowshoer, these snowshoes are a great…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

For the casual snowshoer, these snowshoes are a great bang for their buck. Pound for pound, they are a really great product.

Pros

• Flexible
  • Full length tracks
  • Good pivot
  • Good bite for slopes and ice
  • Good weight

Cons

• Cannot add to length
  • Must be in a "weight limit"
  • Straps can be fiddly

I found these snowshoes to be quite easy to use. The strapping snugged up fine.  It took a bit to figure out how to keep the straps on the tab so they didn't come loose.  I also liked how they fit on the my pack when I didn't need them. Not all snowshoes are as easy to stow.  I frankly forgot that I had them on my feet most of the time.

The flex of these shoes is one of my favorite features.  They ride really well over the uneven surface of snow, footstep holes, etc. The full length traction worked really well.

After much research and experience of renting different types of snowshoes, these were hands down my favorites for the type of shoeing I do.  They are quieter than the MSRs, and much more durable than the sling type.  With few moving parts and solid construction, they hold together really well.

I found a local sports store which rents a similar type of shoe, so we rented pairs several times. These shoes hold up over time. I figured that if they can take the beating of renters, they can take the much nicer use I will dole out to my gear.

Typically, I snowshoe up around Rainier. I am not interested in doing anything extreme. I am out to just enjoy the day with beautiful views.  But, when I have done a little "off roading" in them, they hang onto the slope just fine. I never felt like I was going to slip and slide in them.

As long as the user isn't over 180 pounds with a pack, these shoes should do just fine for most uses.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Flex TRK versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Flex TRK. Read all reviews »

Visit Tubbs's Flex TRK page.

Why deal with rigging up a men's bulky snowshoe when Tubbs has the Women's Flex Trek Snowshoe' Ideal for those interested in taking a hike along flat and lightly rolling terrain in mid winter, the Flex Trek enables you to walk freely and easily over snow so you're not confined to the treadmill during the colder months. The Torsion Deck frame flexes to match uneven terrain, and the 3-D curved traction rails bite into hard and icy snow for secure footing every step of the way. Plus, the 16-degree Active Lift heel reduces strain on your calf muscles when the trail gets a bit steep for a stretch. Thanks to its QuickPull binding system, an intuitive forefoot strap cinches easily and unlocks with one buckle push. Its pivoting toe stop allows speedy adjustment and Control Wings keep your heel aligned. A Rotating Toe Cord design enables the tail of the snowshoe to drop and snow to shed off the tail, reducing cardio-respiratory strain by 7%. The underfoot pivot point also allows the toe traction teeth to bite deeply into the snow when weighted while a rotation limiter prevents over-rotation and shin bang. The Flex also has an ergonomically and bio-mechanically designed Flex Tail that absorbs shock from heel strike, reduces the amount of stress on your joints, and allows you to snowshoe farther, longer and with less stress on your body.

For new snowshoers and those looking for more comfort on their snowshoe excursions, the FLEX TRK offers all of the technical advancements found in the FLEX Series at an affordable price.

- GearX.com

The Tubbs Flex Trek snowshoes are well suited for day hiking in moderate terrain. The QuickPull binding system makes slipping on, and tightening the binding around your boot, seamless. Great side-hill grip is had with the 3D-Curved Traction Rails. The light and durable torsion deck will flex to adjust to terrain changes and snow conditions. Torsion Deck design Traction Rails (carbon steel toe crampon) Rotating Toe Cord - Rotation Limiter QuickPull binding system Flex Tail technology 16deg ActiveLift heel lift

- OMCgear

Perfect for rolling hills and firmer snow conditions, the Tubbs Flex TRK Snowshoes have a heel lift bar to take the strain out of long ascents.

- EMS