Tubbs Venture Series

Rented them for the day at Crystal Mtn. in WA. They…

Price Paid: rented

Rented them for the day at Crystal Mtn. in WA. They are light weight, and I didn't trip over them, as I trekked up the hill and made over a couple of switch back trails, which brought me to the top of the ski lift near some homes.

I loved being out in the wilderness alone with God in such beautiful country. As I was snowshoeing down the mountain, in powder the shoe slipped until I hit some ice. Going on someone else's blazed trail is easy, it's harder when you blaze your own through the untrekked snow...especially powder. I slipped and fell a couple of times, as it was very steep, then I just walked down in the same direction as if I were on skis. Much easier zig zagging down the hill, but still slipped. Probably would have had a better hike if I had the Tubbs Mountaineer.

Wow, what an excellent snowshoe for both beginners…

Wow, what an excellent snowshoe for both beginners and for those of you who have been snowshoeing for years. I just bought a pair for my wife who has very little experience with snowshoes and she absolutely loves them.

So I bought a pair for myself and I can't believe how lightweight great they feel. Definitely worth it for the money. 5 Stars!

Just bought it today. Live in Denver, we got about…

Just bought it today. Live in Denver, we got about 30 inches wanted to walk around our neighborhood. 20 minutes into the walk they broke. The steel or aluminum rings that hold the shoe around the frame broke off. Don't think they are steel, which is the problem.

If you've owned or used a Tubbs Venture Series, please share your experience.

Tubbs Venture Series

The Venture Series has been discontinued.

The Tubbs Venture Series is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 8, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new hiking snowshoe, check out the best reviewed current models.