U.S. Armed Forces CFP 90

I would like to say the US Army's CFP 90 is an amazing…

Design: Top loading with a built in bottom loading stuff sack
Size: 90 L
Number of Pockets: Three external side pockets and webbing for ALICE attachments
Max. Load Carried: I've had over 50 kg in mine many times-no rips
Height of Owner: Fully adjustable

I would like to say the US Army's CFP 90 is an amazing pack. Designed by Lowe Alpine in their Vector program and later manufactured by SDS and others. They were available to civilians as well. A buddy who was a Marine told me about them back then and said they were very good.

I bought mine in 1991 from US Cavalry and use this (and my LC 2 pack), exclusively. The CFP is a rugged backpack. It has never let me down. The capacity is about 90 L which is a lot of stowage. When packed correctly it is very comfortable. Try getting an original one, there are too many copies, and they are not as good. I recommend it to anyone!

It's now 2014 and the pack is in the ownership of my second youngest son. It's still going strong. If you are to buy one make sure it's the original issue one and stay away from the ones manufactured by the FCI Co. Better yet, once in a while the original Lowe Alpine ones come up on eBay. They are very well made.

There are better packs out there such as Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Lowe Alpine, just to name a few, but for $100 bucks or less, I doubt it. Anyways, 23 years is a good record for any pack. It has logged countless miles in very rough terrain and conditions. The type of conditions Canada's far Northwest can bring on and it has kept on going.

U.S. Armed Forces CFP 90

The U.S. Armed Forces CFP 90 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.