I bought this mainly because, surprisingly, once my…

• Attaches easily

• Reflects to the side rather than downward

I bought this mainly because, surprisingly, once my eyes adjust to the dark, the candle lantern can be rather bright since the light goes out in all directions. I thought this could direct the light away from my eyes.

It works OK for that, but is intended more to direct the light in another direction. (I later got the Pac-Flat Reflector and that works great because it directs the light downward, away from my eyes.)

It is pretty easy to use, it just clips on to the side. It does take up a little space, in addition to the weight and space of the candle lantern.

This is similar to the reflectors on old carbide lamps used by miners & cavers. Allows you to point the light in a specific direction.

Interesting product. Thanks for sharing your experience with it, DrPhun.

It is good for pointing the light in a specific direction to the side, however the main direction I want to point the light is down. I don't generally carry the lantern due to potential heat and risk of hot wax, which is when the side directional ability would be most beneficial. I wouldn't generally risk carrying the lantern other than by the chain, and then it might spin a bit. I will have to try that. (I do have an old carbide lamp someplace that I got from an old miner - I will have to work up a review on that.)

Thansk, DrPhun. I do enjoy reviews and pictures of older vintage gear too, so I'll look forward to that old carbide lamp review.