Ultimate Survival Technologies Delta Shockproof Lighter

I bought it new. Upon receiving, my wife washed it when…

Pros

• Shock proof all right

Cons

• Questionable water tightness

I bought it new. Upon receiving, my wife washed it when she put the pants into the washer without checking the pockets. The cap was locked and the safety lock was on.

When I realized it got soaked inside the washer, I took a look at the butane chamber. There was dampness inside and I left the lighter three consecutive days inside the house without closing the lid. The dampness disappeared at the end.

I then read the specification and kind of understood the high quality butane requirement. A friend of mine saw the lighter when I took it to the office and offered to have it filled. I gladly accepted the offer and handed over the lighter.

Two days later when he returned it, I tried to give it shot. It got momentarily ignited when I push the lever, then stopped. I did it again, same result, no continuous burning. Something was clogging the ignition system all together. Consequently, I realized it was due to rather low quality of the butane.

I then went ahead and ordered premium butane refill canisters and refilled it again. Boy, did it make the difference; I started enjoying the lighter all together. It provides uninterrupted strong flame under any strong wind, I tested it in front of an industrial strength fan, nothing happened to the flame. I like it.

Thanks for the review, Al. Any chance you could post a picture or video of it in front of a fan? That would be cool to see!

aoaltunel "al"

will do soon, thank you.