Ultimate Survival Technologies Pico Lantern

Three light settings, handle on top hook on bottom,…

Summary

Three light settings, handle on top hook on bottom, batteries last a long time. Durable and compact design with removable lens that floods the light.

• 3 function light setting
  • Small
  • Handle and hook hanger

Cons

• For the life of me I can't find anything I would change
  • Maybe if it had a hook on both ends

Being a lantern styled light I figured it would only be good inside the tent. But it shines pretty bright for a lantern light. It is not the old Coleman white gas lantern, but then you don't put them in your pack or tent either.

I am fairly impressed how far into the woods I can see with this on bright setting. The dim setting is plenty for what I use it for, the third setting is a distress flash. I use this at night and early morning hours to see around my tent, reading and writing in my journal.

For me there is more than enough light on dim setting with the flood cover on. The cover can be removed to give a little more of a direct light for reading, writing. I never use this just because I don't need the extra light.

The hook hanger on the bottom is handy for hanging it over where I'm cooking, or from the top of my tent. I have dropped it in the rocks, banged it around in my tent and I pack it in my main pouch of my pack crammed in with tent, stove, fuel, clock, and everything else. I am really not careful at all with this and after a year of use it still looks new.

The price I paid at Dick's on sale was $24 I feel this was a good purchase, glad I did it.

Though smaller than a beer can and a low light setting…

Price Paid: $29 Cdn

Summary

Though smaller than a beer can and a low light setting of only 15 lumens, this light was a happy surprise to us on a car camping trip. Its small size and weight would encourage me to take it along on a backpacking trip as well.

Pros

• Light output
  • Size
  • Weight

Cons

• None yet

The 15 lumen low light setting had me thinking it would be a pretty useless setting, but we found it was enough to play cards with at the picnic table.  In fact, we had to put a pot holder on top to block the light from the bulb itself as it was too bright.

Hold the light by the globe to shade your eyes and preserve night vision and it throws enough light ahead to find the outhouse.  We hung it by its fold away hook in our tent with the globe off and it filled the 8'x8' by 6' high tent with plenty of light. It might even have been possible to read by.

Want more light? Use the 120 lumen setting and it is like someone turned on a 60 watt bulb. We also had with us a 12 LED light that was the size of a Coleman lantern and it was pathetic compared to this little gem. We have only used it on the one camping trip so far, but I am so impressed I had to let others know about it.

Bought two of the Pico lanterns, to be used for power…

Price Paid: $25 +/-

Pros

• Great light source for the money
  • Paid about $25 at Campmor in N.J.

Cons

• Probably a bit heavy for minimalist

Bought two of the Pico lanterns, to be used for power outages etc. Tested one with new batteries and still had useable light after about 15 hours. Case is made of a rubber base type material, with built-in hanger, very solid unit. Was suprised at amount of light the lantern puts out.

In closing, I would recommend this unit for camping and for emergency home and vehicle use.

When the power goes out or you're stumbling back to your camp in the dark of night, the Ultimate Survival Technologies PicoTM Glo lantern is simple to find thanks to its glow-in-the-dark housing.

Ultimate Survival Pico LED Mini LanternThe Ultimate Survival Pico LED Mini Lantern is constructed to last. Its rubberized housing makes it totally shock resistant, so this mini lantern is a tough cookie. It has a 1W Nichia white LED that gives up to 123 lumens on high and 18 on medium. It uses four 1.5V AA size alkaline batteries giving up to 22 hrs. burn time on the high setting (91 hrs. on medium and 120 hrs. on low). The lantern has a 3-mode electronic switch for high, low & SOS-flashing, which makes it very easy to operate. A special textured cap for smoothing the light beam and the option to remove the cap provides a forward area lighting. The Ultimate Survival Pico LED Mini Lantern comes with a built-in recessed hook at lantern base for hanging overhead as area light. This is a very handy little lantern and it is tough.

- SunnySports

Whether you're organizing a survival kit or just heading to your favorite campground, the Ultimate Survival Technologies Pico Lantern will provide up to 91 hours of continuous light after the sun goes down. The lantern's compact size, SOS flashing mode, and water-resistant construction make it an ideal choice for survival kits or car camping.

The Pico lantern is equipped with a 1W Nichia white LED. Small in size with a long runtime - up to 91 hoursof continuous use. Removable cap provides forward area lightand rubberized housing enhances impact resistance. Water resistant.

- Mountains Plus

The Pico Lantern by Ultimate Survival is a compact, bright, 120 Lumen light with a long runtime that packs easily for camp or travel. Removable globe unscrews to convert it to an area light and recessed bottom hook allows for it to be hung up. Rubberized housing enhances impact resistance. 1 W Nichia white LED- up to 120 Lumens3 mode electronic switch- High, Low, Flashing SOSCompact size with long run time up to 91 hrs continuous use Removable cap provides forward area lightRubberized housing enhances impact resistanceSpecial textured cap for smoothing beamWater resistant: 1px4 protected against spraying at all levels Run time: High: 22 hr/ Low 91 hr/ SOS 120 hrLumens: High: 120 / Low 15 / SOS n/aDistance: High: 12m / Low: 5m /SOS: n/aPeak beam density (candela): High: 40cd / Low: 6cd /SOS: n/aImpact resistance: 1 mBatteries: 4 x 1.5V AA Size Alkaline (Not included)Bulb Type: 1 x Nichia 1W White lightSize: 58mm x 130mm Weight: 245 g (with batteries)

- Campmor