Ultimate Survival Technologies Trekker Stormproof Lighter

Solid windproof lighter, with a large capacity. Feel…

Price Paid: $70 canadian

Summary

Solid windproof lighter, with a large capacity. Feel similar quality to the other UST products I own.

Pros

• Hot, windproof flame.
  • Large fuel capacity (est. 90 min burn)
  • Dual locking latch system

Cons

• Locks open easily
  • Lighter can be tricky to get started

I luckily came across this lighter in a local shop and had to have it! I have the UST Survival Kit and thought this lighter would be as good as the kit has been.

Upon first impression, I noticed the latches opened very easily, however it is double locked to keep it closed. This unit feels solid, although very light at the same time!

One concern I have is the plastic hinge on the lid. I'm worried that it might get damaged easily, but I will give it the benefit of a doubt. With normal use, the hinge shouldn't be a problem as the lighter should be closed most of the time.

I've tried it out a few times and after I figured out how to light it consistently, it's a wicked lighter! One big tip is you have to press the ignited a bit to get the gas flowing then push it the rest of the way very firmly. I can light it over and over again. It just takes a bit of practice.

If you've owned or used an Ultimate Survival Technologies Trekker Stormproof Lighter, please share your experience.