Underwater Kinetics 2AAA Mini Pocket Light
Overview: The 2AAA Mini Pocket Light is a rugged,…
Price Paid: $9.99
The 2AAA Mini Pocket Light is a rugged, compact flashlight made by Underwater Kinetics which uses 2 AAA batteries side by side to power a Xenon lamp module.
The 2AAA Mini Pocket Light is constructed of solid polycarbonate, a sturdy impact resistant polymer. It can withstand drops and even throws onto hard concrete without a problem. The light has a removable bezel, which allows access to the battery compartment and also the Xenon lamp module. The 2AAA Mini Pocket Light uses 2 AAA batteries placed side by side to save space. The bezel of the light is sealed with a heavy duty O-ring. An acetal hat clip is included, allowing hands free use when clipped to the bill of a cap or hat. A split ring is also included for use on a key chain.
The overall construction is very good. Fit and finish is excellent. The light will survive heavy impacts without a problem, other than the possibility of blowing the light bulb. The light is also rated to 500 feet underwater, making it suitable for a backup SCUBA diving light for checking gauges, etc.
Twist the head clockwise to turn on the light. Turn it counter clockwise to turn it off. The light can also be activated momentarily by turning until it is almost on, then pressing the bezel down to activate the light in bursts.
The UK 2AAA Mini Pocket Light is fairly bright for its size. It is advertised as being the brightest light in its class, and I believe it. The Xenon bulb emits a beam which is very white for an incandescant light. The beam quality is average. Mine is slightly skewed to one side and a little blotchy, but overall it is acceptable. It is brighter than most LED lights, and has a more focused spot.
The light will run under an hour till 50% brightness, but will provide useable light for at least 90 minutes.
- The hat clip is great. I have used this light many times on backpacking trips. The ability to have a hands free light simply by clipping the light to a ball cap is very useful. The 2AAA is much more compact than most head lamps and provides enough light for most chores.
- The output rivals typical 2AA flashlights, and has a very white beam. The spot is less focused, but there is more 'spill' light for close up tasks.
- The run time is short, but that is to be expected with a AAA light that is this powerful.
- Very bright.
- Very sturdy. Waterproof to 500 ft.
- Compact. Small enough for keychain carry.
- Included hat clip is very useful.
- Short run time, but that is expected.
- Some people may not like the 'twist-the-head' activation.
A great little light, suitable for outdoor use. Very compact and lightweight. Very tough and durable, plus its waterproof. The hat clip is also useful.
When paired with a more powerful long range light, you will have all your needs covered.