Vapur MicroFilter

So light and easy! ...but best for solos. 34oz. This…

Price Paid: $13.95 (34oz)

So light and easy! ...but best for solos. 34oz.

• Easy
  • Effective filtering

• Too slow for large group use
  • Hand-squeezing

This little filter can't be beat for its weight, ease, effectiveness, and overall value. Weighing only 1.4 oz and costing me ~$14, this was the clear choice for a long distance solo backpacking trip.  It can filter up to 500 liters.

I put some brown gunky water in it, and it magically came out clear and sweet from the mouthpiece.

The only problems I foresee are: not good for large groups because you must squeeze water -fairly slowly-  through the mouthpiece of the water bottle to fill larger vessels.  It took me ~5-7min to fill 3L. ...but it's so light that everyone could carry their own.

I haven't used it in conditions less than ~45 deg F, so I can't speak to how it would perform in colder weather. I just envision that you might get some pretty sore/chapped hands trying to squeeze this thing in freezing temperatures... but gloves would help.

Vapur MicroFilter

The Vapur MicroFilter is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 18, 2015 at REI.

If you're looking for a new bottle/inline water filter, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

MSR Evo Ascent Review

Gregory Baltoro 65 Review

The A.T. Guide (2016 Northbound) Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?