So light and easy! ...but best for solos. 34oz. This…

Price Paid: $13.95 (34oz)

Summary

So light and easy! ...but best for solos. 34oz.

Pros

• Easy
  • Effective filtering

Cons

• Too slow for large group use
  • Hand-squeezing

This little filter can't be beat for its weight, ease, effectiveness, and overall value. Weighing only 1.4 oz and costing me ~$14, this was the clear choice for a long distance solo backpacking trip.  It can filter up to 500 liters.

I put some brown gunky water in it, and it magically came out clear and sweet from the mouthpiece.

The only problems I foresee are: not good for large groups because you must squeeze water -fairly slowly-  through the mouthpiece of the water bottle to fill larger vessels.  It took me ~5-7min to fill 3L. ...but it's so light that everyone could carry their own.

I haven't used it in conditions less than ~45 deg F, so I can't speak to how it would perform in colder weather. I just envision that you might get some pretty sore/chapped hands trying to squeeze this thing in freezing temperatures... but gloves would help.