Vargo Titanium Alcohol Stove

Burner Diameter 60 mm
Diameter when pot support is open 85 mm
Fuel Capacity 1.75 oz
Collapsed height 27 mm

When I first saw an alcohol stove this size it was…

When I first saw an alcohol stove this size it was made from a Pepsi can. I built one, and can say from experience they never hold up, leaked and always created a mess, and not stable.

Why bother anymore after Vargo came out with this little gem. It is as tiny as a Pepsi can, has better stability, much safer, light weight, easy to empty fuel back into a container, an works every time unlike the homemade Pepsi can.

It is so small you can lose sight of it because of the color. It weighs next to nothing. If you are a light traveler as I am at times it can be snuggled away in the smallest of places. Just a few ounces of fuel will take you for days.

It will cook as advertised, I get anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes. It all depends on the weather, and how accurate you measure out the fuel. It holds heat very well, and will do well for the average hiker. It is not meant to cook for many, it suits the needs for a single person or hiker for a few days on the trail.

Durable as anything I have eve used. I have used it many times now and it shows no real sign of wear other than some staining from heat. It will be around long after I am gone. It might even survive another ice age.

I have hiked on the AT, OT, CDT. I would say I am…

I have hiked on the AT, OT, CDT. I would say I am an ultralight backpacker. I love this stove for many reason if for no other than a second burner to main stove that I may be cooking on. I bought this stove from Prolite Gear.

Visit Vargo's Titanium Alcohol Stove page.

Made from ultra-lightweight quality titanium, the Triad by Vargo is a long awaited advancement in alcohol stove design and functionality. The Triad offers the following features: > retractable top and bottom legs > compact design > easy to clean and maintain > reliable performance Weight: 1.0 oz. (28 grams) Burner Diameter: 60mm Diameter when pot support is open: 85mm Fuel Capacity: 1.75 oz. Collapsed height: 27mm * The Triad is designed to burn Denatured alcohol only (found in most painting supply stores) TO PREVENT FIRE OR INHAILATION OF GASES, NEVER BURN THE TRIAD INDOORS OR IN A CLOSED AREA!!! Test results: Filled with 1 3/4 oz. denatured alcohol: >prime time: 30 seconds >1 1/2 cup boil time from start: 5 minutes 30 seconds >total burn time: 24 minutes Test conclusions: It has been found that the first and second time the stove is used the expericnce is atypical. The stove may spark a bit until the stove has become "broken-in". Boil and burn times may vary depending upon outside temperature and elevation. *Usage Tips: > pour excessive alcohol out by using one of the legs as a spout (bottom leg first and then the top leg). > Do not overfill the stove. Only fill the stove to the point that there is a very small pool in the center concave area. >a slight breeze will help the center priming flame to expand to the outside burner ring faster. >if the stove begins to "burp" alcohol this is an indication that it is not getting enough air and is burning to hot. To prevent this remove the windscreen. >it is highly recommended that the stove not be placed / burned on a hard flat surface, rather, it is better to press the bottom legs into the ground. This will have the effect of decreasing exposure to wind and also will make the stove incredibly stable.

- Vargo Outdoors

Vargo Titanium Alcohol Stove

The Vargo Titanium Alcohol Stove is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 9, 2011 at Vargo Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new alcohol stove, check out the best reviewed current models.