I guess I got what I paid for. I ordered them on closeout…

Materials: nubuck and material
Use: day hikes
Break-in Period: none

I guess I got what I paid for. I ordered them on closeout from Sierra (who sometimes does have great deals and good products). They looked nice and rugged. I put them on and walked around and there was a defect in both shoes in the soles. The right one made my foot really supinate (roll outward). It was like I had put a lift under the insole of the right shoe on the inner part of the heal causing my foot to roll out. The left shoe sole had some weird knot by the little toe. It had the kind of feeling like a stone under the insole. Really really weird. I never felt anything like that with any manufacturer before including Vasque. I think this must be why they are on closeout. Too bad, I think if they didn't have defects they could have been nice boots. I can't imagine someone really using those boots though because they will be very sorry.