Vasque Breeze Low VST GTX XCR

I bought these as a first pair of hiking boots, with…

Price Paid: Bought at retail

I bought these as a first pair of hiking boots, with the intention of using them on relatively short conditioning hikes with a light pack (5-6 miles, and <10 lbs. on my back). For that purpose, these have served well, keeping my feet warm, dry, and healthy.

They are light, and I find myself wanting to run up hills when I wear them. They are still in great shape after a year of light use, with probably less than 200 miles of wear.

As my hikes have increased in length, though, the shortcomings of these boots have become more clear. The fit is not what it needs to be - too wide in the heel, too tight in the toe - which, combined with the lack of ankle support, has led to minor blisters on the bottoms of my toes and tender toenails as my feet shift around in the boot, particularly when hiking downhill.

I blame this partly on myself for buying these a little too small (9.5 rather than my usual 10), but also on Vasque's "Arc Tempo" last. Going by their website, these proportions are a design feature of this last; in hindsight, the "Perpetuum" last would have been the better option for me.

Now I find myself needing a new pair of boots. Based on my experience with these, I would consider another pair of Vasques, but not this model, and I would only recommend the Breeze Low with reservations.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Breeze Low VST GTX XCR versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Breeze Low VST GTX XCR. Read all reviews »

On Sale. Free Shipping. Vasque Women's Breeze Low VST GTX Shoe (Fall 2010) SPECIFICATIONS of the Women's Breeze Low VST GTX Shoe by Vasque Weight: 1 lb. 10 oz. / 744 g Last: Women's Specific Arc Tempo Upper: 1.8mm Full Grain and Nubuck Leather, 1.4mm Synthetic Nubuck (GTX), Airmesh Nylon, Molded Rubber Toe Bumper Footbed: Dual Density EVA Midsole: Single Density Molded EVA with VST Outsole: Vasque Exclusive Vibram Contact Lite Gore-Tex with Extended Comfort Technology

Wear the Vasque Womenas Breeze Low VST GTX Hiking Shoe on long, rugged days when you want the performance and stability of a boot plus the light weight of a compact shoe. The Breeze Low Hiking Shoeas tough leather outers with air mesh vents and rubber toe bumpers offer your foot plenty of protection on the trail, and supremely sticky Vibram Contact Lite outsoles keep you on your feet even when the going gets rough. Dual-density EVA footbeds maintain comfort without adding weight.

Wear the Vasque Women's Breeze Low VST GTX Hiking Shoe on long, rugged days when you want the performance and stability of a boot plus the light weight of a compact shoe. The Breeze Low Hiking Shoe's tough leather outers with air mesh vents and rubber toe bumpers offer your foot plenty of protection on the trail, and supremely sticky Vibram Contact Lite outsoles keep you on your feet even when the going gets rough. Dual-density EVA footbeds maintain comfort without adding weight.

- Backcountry Outlet

Vasque Women's Breeze Low VST GTX XCR

The Women's Breeze Low VST GTX XCR has been discontinued.

The Vasque Women's Breeze Low VST GTX XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 4, 2014 at Moosejaw.