Straight out of the box I wore these boots elk hunting…

Materials: Nubuk leather, gore tex, vibram sole
Use: rocky steep terrain with heavy pack
Break-in Period: 10 miles
Weight: less than 3 pounds

Straight out of the box I wore these boots elk hunting for a week! Not one blister. Heavy packs, lots of vertical ups and downs, steep terrain. I continued to use them throughout this past year and easily put them through 150 miles of rugged mountainous terrain. These boots never failed and were pretty comfortable throughout. Even in wet snow and steady rain... my feet were dry.

Be aware that these boots are not day hikers. The boot actually feels a bit like a mountaineering boot. Exceptional ankle support. Very stiff soles with little flex. This does make them excellent in rocky steeps. Vibram soles wear like iron. Pretty light boot for what they are. These are for sure my go to boots for 3 seasons in the mountains.

The only complaint that I have is that the toe box is a little narrow. Because of this I have to wear very thin socks.

Overall I am very happy with these boots and consider them a good heavy duty hiker/light mountaineering boot.