Me: 190 lbs, 6', size 11 US I have probably worn my…

Break-in Period: 1 week

Me: 190 lbs, 6', size 11 US

I have probably worn my Vasque Kotas at least twice a week for the last 3 years. Including rain, snow, mountains, hills, wet, dry, etc. I've never had anything I would complain about in this shoe. They have fairly good traction, even more so than my Asolo backpacking boots.

The only reason I am finally replacing them with another Vasque product is the tread is starting to smooth out from living in a concrete jungle. However, they will still be in my closet for a quick trail hike or fishing shoe. Honestly these have been great and are still very comfortable.

Why only 4.5? Part of the front toe guard came unglued after about 2 years and who knows how many miles. A little glue and they were fixed. They also have a 2 inch piece of string that is coming out on the right side of my right shoe. I think that any of these items can be attributed to how hard I am on footwear and should not be the deciding factor in not getting them.

I would not hesitate to recommend them and I love the red.

These shoes feel good but unfortunately the soles…

These shoes feel good but unfortunately the soles have fallen apart.

I have worn them on 2 trips up and down Mt. San Jacinto (11 miles each) and 1 trip up and down Mt. Whitney (day-hiking camelback only, no weight).

So with under 50 miles total of non weight bearing hiking, on fairly good trails, the soles have come apart.

This is unfortunate because I liked them but I would not purchase them again.