Me: 190 lbs, 6', size 11 US I have probably worn my…

Break-in Period: 1 week

Me: 190 lbs, 6', size 11 US

I have probably worn my Vasque Kotas at least twice a week for the last 3 years. Including rain, snow, mountains, hills, wet, dry, etc. I've never had anything I would complain about in this shoe. They have fairly good traction, even more so than my Asolo backpacking boots.

The only reason I am finally replacing them with another Vasque product is the tread is starting to smooth out from living in a concrete jungle. However, they will still be in my closet for a quick trail hike or fishing shoe. Honestly these have been great and are still very comfortable.

Why only 4.5? Part of the front toe guard came unglued after about 2 years and who knows how many miles. A little glue and they were fixed. They also have a 2 inch piece of string that is coming out on the right side of my right shoe. I think that any of these items can be attributed to how hard I am on footwear and should not be the deciding factor in not getting them.

I would not hesitate to recommend them and I love the red.

These shoes feel good but unfortunately the soles…

These shoes feel good but unfortunately the soles have fallen apart.

I have worn them on 2 trips up and down Mt. San Jacinto (11 miles each) and 1 trip up and down Mt. Whitney (day-hiking camelback only, no weight).

So with under 50 miles total of non weight bearing hiking, on fairly good trails, the soles have come apart.

This is unfortunate because I liked them but I would not purchase them again.

Vasque Men's Kota

The Men's Kota has been discontinued.

The Vasque Men's Kota is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 27, 2008 at REI.

DeLorme inReach SE Review