Vasque Legend

GREAT HEAVY BOOOT. DURABLE, SOLID FEEL AND CLEAN LOOKS.

Materials: leather
Use: day hike to heavy pack multiweek trips
Break-in Period: about five weeks
Weight: 3.5 lbs

GREAT HEAVY BOOOT. DURABLE, SOLID FEEL AND CLEAN LOOKS.

BREAK IN IS HARD AT FIRST BUT NORMAL WITH SUCH A THICK HEAVY BOOT. TRY CONDITIONING THE LEATHER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO SOFTEN. ONE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT THEY MAKE CRUNCHING NOISES FROM THE CALFSKIN LINING WHICH IS VERY COMFORTABLE.

I decided on these boots because I prefer heavy boots…

Materials: leather
Use: backpacking multi-day
Break-in Period: long

I decided on these boots because I prefer heavy boots and they look really cool. They are a big heavy solid boot. Wearing them inspires confidence. I wore these on day trips and a recent wilderness trip in N. Minnesota. Terrain was beaver muck to steep rock. Since I was doing photography, I had a heavy pack. Also I was unable to fully break in the boots. Yet I was able to hike for five days with only slight soreness. The glove leather liner makes these boots super comfortable. The thick leather and lug soles provide excellent footing and support on all surfaces. I never felt the boots twist on uneven terrain.

Break in is a long process, but a well-made boot of this type is worth the effort. These are now my favorite boots. If you like real boots (instead of heavy sneakers) get these. They are worth the cost and not too many boots today are.

Vasque Legend

The Legend has been discontinued.

The Vasque Legend is not available from the stores we monitor.