Vasque Mantra 2.0

I've had this shoe about 6 months. It's been 4 stars…

Summary

I've had this shoe about 6 months. It's been 4 stars so far.

Pros

• Sturdy yet comfortable
  • Gore-tex waterproof
  • Nice neutral color

Cons

• A touch narrow for my feet
  • The lacing system is the weakest point

I've had this shoe for about 6 months now and I have to say I'm impressed. They replaced a pair of the Patagonia Drifter A/C's. They seem studier and lighter than the Patagoinias.

The Vibram sole has worn well so far. The Gore-tex is great for keeping your toes dry when walking through wet  grass, but it's a low top, so submersion is always an issue.

I like to keep my laces on the snug side, my concern is that while they've held up well, the ultimate failure of this shoe will be the lacing system. The leather "loop" has already "conformed" to my laces and it will not surprise me the day they break loose.

These are highly comfortable shoes with both an excellent…

Summary

These are highly comfortable shoes with both an excellent footbed and sole. I would definitely recommend this shoe for a variety of dry or damp, though not wet outright, terrains.

• Excellent tread
  • Roomy toebox

Cons

• Not water resistant

Good fit; I tend to be borderline wide width and erred on the side of regular, so those with narrow feet should perhaps be wary.

I've always worn boots and was concerned that a low-rise hiking shoe could be the worst of both worlds -- greater weight with less support -- but after having logged a number of miles over diverse terrain I nearly couldn't be happier with these.

My feet don't shift even on sharp downslopes, there is generous room to keep my toes from getting jammed, and the soles have an excellent enough grip so as to feel stable on all manner of roots and rocks, leaving me not missing the ankle support at all.

My only complaint is that water seeps in pretty fast, even when just taking a quick detour through a dew-covered field.

When/if I replace them I will probably go with the GTX upgrade, but otherwise I am definitely a convert to this brand/shoe.

Comfortable, stable, cushiony, good fit, light. I…

Summary

Comfortable, stable, cushiony, good fit, light.

• Stability

Cons

• Heel fit

I can wear these shoes for miles and days.

They're very light on your feet, pillowy bottoms, and stable with 30+ lbs on your back on the loose, rocky NJ/NY terrain. I have really narrow heels and I would like that second lace hole at the top to get them super-snug.

My feet don't sweat at all, and they stay very dry (until you get the lace part wet, but even then, not bad). Trusting my feet to walk on anything and everything is fantastic. The soles are bouncy and the toe bed is a good size (Keens being too wide and Merrells being just too small on me).

I really like these shoes.

If the Vasque Mantra 2. 0 Hiking Shoe were any meaner to the trails in your crosshairs, it would sprout fangs and yell names at them. This shoe boasts modern style and a super-grippy Vibram sole that helps you navigate even the most treacherous class IV scramble. Abrasion-resistant mesh and nubuck leather comprise a rugged upper that allows air circulation to keep you comfortable even on your more aerobic hikes, while a molded PU midsole provides cushioning to proven pressure points underfoot.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Free Shipping. Vasque Men's Mantra 2.0 Shoe FEATURES of the Vasque Men's Mantra 2.0 Shoe Polyurethane midsole maximizes stability underfoot Leather upper provides more rigidity and support Structured for low hikers SPECIFICATIONS of the Vasque Men's Mantra 2.0 Shoe Weight: 2 lbs 4 oz / 1026 g Last: Perpetuum Upper: 1.8mm Nubuck Leather, Abrasion Resistant Mesh Footbed: Dual Density EVA Midsole: Molded PU Outsole: Vibram Nuasi

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Vasque's Mantra 2.0 is a low hiker that aims high. It utilizes a molded polyurethane midsole to maximize stability underfoot. The leather upper provides additional rigidity and support, not to mention protection from the sometimes evil inconsistencies of the trail.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

Built for enduring endeavors, the Vasque Mantra 2.0 hiking shoes supply all-day comfort and lasting performance for demanding day hikes, fastpacking and more.

- REI refers to the men's version

The Vasque Mantra 2.0 is the most rugged and supportive low-cut hiking shoe in the Vasque hiking line-up. In the Mantra 2.0 form meets function, with stability-providing midsoles, Vibram outsoles, and durable nubuck and mesh uppers. The Mantra 2.0 is breathable and well cushioned.Built on the Perpetuum Last with a broad toe box, tailored instep and lower heel volume making it ideal for being on your feet all day.1.8mm nubuck leather, with abrasion resistant mesh upper.Dual density EVA footbed.TPU midfoot stabilizer.Compression molded EVA midsole.Vibram Nuasi rubber outsole for superior traction, grip and durability.Avg. wt. 2 lbs. 1 oz.

- Campmor refers to the men's version