Vasque Mantra 2.0

These are highly comfortable shoes with both an excellent…

Summary

These are highly comfortable shoes with both an excellent footbed and sole. I would definitely recommend this shoe for a variety of dry or damp, though not wet outright, terrains.

Pros

• Excellent tread
  • Roomy toebox

Cons

• Not water resistant

Good fit; I tend to be borderline wide width and erred on the side of regular, so those with narrow feet should perhaps be wary.

I've always worn boots and was concerned that a low-rise hiking shoe could be the worst of both worlds -- greater weight with less support -- but after having logged a number of miles over diverse terrain I nearly couldn't be happier with these.

My feet don't shift even on sharp downslopes, there is generous room to keep my toes from getting jammed, and the soles have an excellent enough grip so as to feel stable on all manner of roots and rocks, leaving me not missing the ankle support at all.

My only complaint is that water seeps in pretty fast, even when just taking a quick detour through a dew-covered field.

When/if I replace them I will probably go with the GTX upgrade, but otherwise I am definitely a convert to this brand/shoe.

Comfortable, stable, cushiony, good fit, light. I…

Summary

Comfortable, stable, cushiony, good fit, light.

Pros

• Stability

Cons

• Heel fit

I can wear these shoes for miles and days.

They're very light on your feet, pillowy bottoms, and stable with 30+ lbs on your back on the loose, rocky NJ/NY terrain. I have really narrow heels and I would like that second lace hole at the top to get them super-snug.

My feet don't sweat at all, and they stay very dry (until you get the lace part wet, but even then, not bad). Trusting my feet to walk on anything and everything is fantastic. The soles are bouncy and the toe bed is a good size (Keens being too wide and Merrells being just too small on me).

I really like these shoes.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Mantra 2.0 versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Mantra 2.0. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Vasque Women's Mantra 2.0, please share your experience.