Vasque Marga Mid

Comfortable shoes, seem very well made, and that's…

Use: Rocky Mountains Varried Terrain
Break-in Period: 2 weeks

Comfortable shoes, seem very well made, and that's what I would expect from Vasque. Comfortable fit (for me!). Your mileage may vary depending on foot shape and size: try before you buy.

I needed a pair of shoes to replace my "hard-core" hiking boots for lighter excursions in the Rocky Mountains. I usually carry my daughter in a child's carrier for day hikes. However, my hiking boots tend to be quite uncomfortable after a long period of non-use and trail running shoes simply do not have the ankle support one needs when carrying a backpack with 25 lbs of live cargo over rocks.

In light of my experience: light, sturdy shoes, with decent ankle support. Not waterproof, but hey -- this is not what they're designed for. Good ventilation. Excellent traction here, in the Rockies, rock, loose, rock, hardpack. Dual eyelids on top adjust for smaller or larger ankles.

Either way you look at it, an excellent shoe.

Vasque Marga Mid

The Marga Mid has been discontinued.

The Vasque Marga Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 4, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.