Vasque Mica II GTX

I bought these to wear to Alaska to hike in and because…

Materials: both
Use: long dayhikes with rough and wet terrain, base of a glacier
Break-in Period: 2 weekends
Weight: ?

I bought these to wear to Alaska to hike in and because they were waterproof and I knew it rains a lot there. I did long hikes in them over easy and rough terrain. They fit my feet quite well as my foot did not slip around at all. They were very strong and supportive. The traction was great, so slipping in some wet, rocky, muddy areas. I even hiked in them on the base of a glacier and they did not ever leak one bit. I tossed my Montrail GTXs in favor of these because my toes kept sliding into the end of my boots. They fit my more narrow foot than the GTX. I love them.

These waterproof and supportive light hikers are great for day hikes, with or without a pack. Waterproofed split-grain and nubuck leather uppers are abrasion resistant and also feature a nylon mesh panels for enhanced breathability. Gore-Tex® linings offer breathable and waterproof protection. DryTech footbeds add cushion and wick moisture away from your feet. Lightweight yet supportive monoflex steel shanks deliver stability while Phylon midsoles cushion feet from sharp rocky terrain. Vibram® Lite Run outsoles offer heavy duty traction on wet and dry surfaces.

Vasque Mica II GTX

The Mica II GTX has been discontinued.

The Vasque Mica II GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 24, 2008 at REI.