These boots are by far the best and most comfortable…

Materials: leather and gore-tex
Use: all day every day.. from heavy packing to snowshoeing
Break-in Period: week tops
Weight: not too heavy, don't know the pounds.
Price Paid: $65 on sale from 100 and something

These boots are by far the best and most comfortable hiking boots I have ever owned..

When I went to the local Vasque dealer, he had me…

Materials: leather, gore-tex, hard rubber sole
Use: extended backpacking over rough terrain
Break-in Period: minimal
Weight: 13 oz.

When I went to the local Vasque dealer, he had me try on the Scouts and the Sundowners. I almost paid $60 more for the Sundowners, but I'm glad I didn't. I absolutely cannot reccomend these boots enough. A friend of mine bought a pair of Sundowners around the same time I bought these and my boots have been able to handle everything his pair has. I bought them about 2 weeks before my first weekend trip and wore them about an hour - 2 hours a night each day and on the hike they were comfortable, supportive, and dry. The gore-tex is top-quality, sometimes boot makers put the Gore-tex in badly and it doesn't keep you dry. Not with these boots. Lastly, the only bad thing about these boots is possible that the leather used for the boot isn't as stiff as a more exspensive boot. However, they have protected my feet well so far, and I don't see it becoming a problem. Hope this helps.