Vasque Scree 2.0 Mid UltraDry

Solid, stable hiking boot. Comfortable right out of…

Summary

Solid, stable hiking boot. Comfortable right out of the box. I would definitely recommend these boots.

Pros

• Stable
  • Rugged

I was excited to pick these up on the clearance rack at REI. Sometimes you just get lucky and find something really good in your size and you just have to pull the trigger. Since I own a pair of Vasque Ranger GTX boots, I knew these would be quality boots. My last pair of boots were Keens but it seems like the Vasque have a much better fit and seem to be a better made product. I am still a fan of Keen but will probably go with Vasque from now on.

I took them on a New Year's Day hike to Apple Orchard Falls and they performed great. It was a 7-mile round trip hike and these boots stayed snug on my feet and the laces remained tied the whole way. I really like the way my foot feels secure and stable with no slippage. Almost like they were made specifically for me.

The UltraDry feature performed well as I had to step in the creek to retrieve my sunglasses when they fell off my head.  My feet stayed dry and warm. I would definitely recommend these boots. Vasque makes a quality product.