Vasque Skywalk II

I really like these boots. They are the first lightweight…

Materials: Cordura/Leather
Use: Off-trail, heavy load
Break-in Period: 1-hour hike
Weight: 2 lbs, 12 oz

I really like these boots. They are the first lightweight fabric/leather boots I've found that offer the support and traction of heavier boots. I've carried very heavy loads into the Arizona desert, the Sierra Nevada, and the Alaskan bush with these boots with no problems. Vasque uses the same lug sole with these boots as with their heavier bacpacking boots, so the traction is excellent. Lateral support is great under heavy loads, at least for me (I weigh 180 lbs, and usually carry about 50-65 lbs.).

These boots break in really fast--one hour walking in the mountains around my home was all I needed. They keep out the worst of the water, but eventually soak through. Unlike all-leather boots, though, these boots will dry out by the morning. To sum it up, These boots combine the best aspects of light- and heavy-weight boots, and I would recommend them highly to anyone.

I got these boots in 1991 and paid 119 for them then…

Materials: leather and gortex
Use: rough to medium trail
Break-in Period: 2 weeks
Weight: 2 lbs

I got these boots in 1991 and paid 119 for them then and they are still the best general purpose boot I own.

If you've owned or used a Vasque Skywalk II, please share your experience.

Vasque Skywalk II

The Skywalk II has been discontinued.

The Vasque Skywalk II is not available from the stores we monitor.