Vasque Sundowner Classic GTX

I have a pair of the Italian made Sundowners and they…

Materials: Leather
Use: backpacking and extreme hiking
Break-in Period: 2 weeks

I have a pair of the Italian made Sundowners and they are the best boot I have ever owned. I originally bought them in 1999 when I was in the 8th grade and used to hike every weekend. I wore them throughout the Ozark mountains and hiked about 200 miles that year. They took about 2 weeks to break in but after that they felt like tennis shoes and I never got a blister and my feet felt great at the end of every hike.

Sadly, when I got to high school sports took the place of my weekend and summer hiking adventures and the boots set on the shelves for several years. I took them out about 2 years ago and started wearing them again (my feet hadn't grown much since 8th grade- size 12). They have been through hell and back and submerged in water more times than I can count. I don't know why people are saying they aren't comfortable or don't hold up, but these have outlasted a pair of Danner's and Rocky's and they don't show much wear at all.

I would recommend these boots to anyone who is rough on equipment and spends a lot of time on the trail. These are a classic backpacking boot and unbelievably durable and comfortable.

I wouldn't buy anything from this company. Take a…

I wouldn't buy anything from this company. Take a look at my review of the other Sundowner model:

Whoever designed them, doesn't hike, I can guarantee that.

Made in China...and o boy it shows.

Materials: leather
Use: backpacking
Break-in Period: 3 months

Made in China...and o boy it shows.

The Vasque Sundowner Classic GTX is a highly popular hiking and backpacking boot that provides a Gore-Tex(R) Stormsock on the inside to keep your feet dry and comfortable. The Sundowner Classic is also equipped with a Trailweight Monoflex(R) insole with a steel shank that provides rigidity and support when carrying a heavy pack or hiking on uneven terrain. A dual density Resilion(R) midsole/outsole system offers softer density rubber on the inside for cushioning and comfort, while the harder rubber on the outside offers resilience and traction.

- RockCreek

Free Shipping. Vasque Men's Sundowner GTX Boot FEATURES of the Vasque Men's Sundowner GTX Boot Gore-Tex Seamless waterproof design Clean, classic lines SPECIFICATIONS of the Vasque Men's Sundowner GTX Boot Weight: 3 lbs 6 oz / 1531 g Last: Sundowner Upper: 2.4mm Waterproof Smoothout Leather Footbed: Dual Density EVA Midsole: Vasque Classic Outsole: Gore-Tex

A classic, and for good reason.The Vasque Sundowner Classic GTX Mid-Weight Backpacking Boots - Women's are substantial enough for backpacking, but are equally at home on a day hike. The full leather boot features the waterproof-breathable performance of Gore-Tex to keep your feet comfortable and dry.This updated mid-weight backpacker is equally at home under the weight of a pack or on a casual day hike.2.4 mm one piece, waterproof,smoothout leather upper.Gore-Tex laminate waterproof/breathable insert.Padded and gusseted tongue.Metal hooks and D-ring lacing system.3-Bar knit nylon lining.Dual density EVA footbed.Bimodal 2 insole.Medium density rubber midsole.Vasque Classic outsole.Avg. wt. 3lbs.

- Campmor

Vasque Mens Sundowner Classic Gore-Tex - Closeout - This mid-weight backpacker has a reputation for comfort and old-school style, which may explain why it's as common at the grocery store as on the trail. It's also equally at home under the weight of a pack or on a casual day hike. Sizes: Medium 7 - 12, 13, 14, 15; Wide 8 - 12, 13 Weight: 3 lb 6 oz (Mens 9) [1530 g] * Upper: 2.4 Waterproof Smoothout Leather * Insole: Bimodal 2 * Midsole: Medium Density Rubber * Outsole: Vasque Classic * Lining: 3-Bar Knit Nylon * Footbed: Dual Density EVA * Other: Padded Collar; Waterproof

- Massey's Outfitters

Description of Vasque Sundowner Classic GTXThis mid-weight backpacker has a reputation for comfort and old-school style, which may explain why it's as common at the grocery store as on the trail. The Vasque Sundowner Classic GTX is also equally at home un

- US Outdoor Store