Vasque Sundowner Classic GTX

I have a pair of the Italian made Sundowners and they…

Materials: Leather
Use: backpacking and extreme hiking
Break-in Period: 2 weeks

I have a pair of the Italian made Sundowners and they are the best boot I have ever owned. I originally bought them in 1999 when I was in the 8th grade and used to hike every weekend. I wore them throughout the Ozark mountains and hiked about 200 miles that year. They took about 2 weeks to break in but after that they felt like tennis shoes and I never got a blister and my feet felt great at the end of every hike.

Sadly, when I got to high school sports took the place of my weekend and summer hiking adventures and the boots set on the shelves for several years. I took them out about 2 years ago and started wearing them again (my feet hadn't grown much since 8th grade- size 12). They have been through hell and back and submerged in water more times than I can count. I don't know why people are saying they aren't comfortable or don't hold up, but these have outlasted a pair of Danner's and Rocky's and they don't show much wear at all.

I would recommend these boots to anyone who is rough on equipment and spends a lot of time on the trail. These are a classic backpacking boot and unbelievably durable and comfortable.

I wouldn't buy anything from this company. Take a…

I wouldn't buy anything from this company. Take a look at my review of the other Sundowner model:

Whoever designed them, doesn't hike, I can guarantee that.

Made in China...and o boy it shows.

Materials: leather
Use: backpacking
Break-in Period: 3 months

Made in China...and o boy it shows.

If you've owned or used a Vasque Men's Sundowner Classic GTX, please share your experience.