Vasque Super Alpinista

I owned Asolo Annapurnas and didn't like them. Alaska…

Materials: synthetic
Use: mountaineering including ice climbing
Break-in Period: 1 day?
Weight: 4 lbs?

I owned Asolo Annapurnas and didn't like them. Alaska Mountaineering and Hardwear had the Super Alpinistas on sale so I struck.

The Super Alpinistas are very warm; I have had extended use in them in -30F temps. I have wide feet and these boots feet great. I did get heel slip the first time I climbed so I use green Superfeet and am good-to-go now. Overall, the fit is great; the boots even are comfortable for walking (sans crampons). I was warned that they would be "too big and cumbersome" but found that to be untrue. I suppose they are compared to small, lower-48 style boots, but these things were made to take a beating and are built tough. I still have plenty of maneuverability when I wear them.

Waterproofness is also fantastic. A climber above me punched through a waterfall and we had running water on us but my feet were dry.

The only concern beyond the original change in fit, using the Superfeet, is the lacing. I have to lace super-tight and walk for about 10-15 minutes. The movement works the lacing pressure even throughout the boot and I have to stop and retighten from there. Once I do it the second time, I am good-to-go for the day. It seems like a pain when I'm doing it but overall, it's not a big issue.

I would recommend these boots to medium and wide-footed people who are looking for a warm mountaineering boot. I would further recommend them to individuals who operate in multiple mountaineering activities versus those who ice climb only. There are boots tailored to ice climbing while the Super Alpinistas are made to take the entire mountain experience.

CLOSEOUTS. Superb mountaineering boots from Vasque will bag more than a few peaks, especially where the warmth of a double boot isn't required. Skywalk(R) sole with Stealth(R) high friction rubber lug sole offers superior performance on snow and ice. EVA midsole offers lightweight impact absorption. Gusseted padded tongue. Metal hooks and eyes, protective rubber toe and heel rand. Exo-Therm 4-layer synthetic uppers are warm, flexible and lightweight. DriLex(R) lining, Tri-Wick insulated footbed. Crampon compatible. Height: 7 Weight: 4 lb. 10 oz. pr. CLOSEOUTS . China. Unisex sizing, women order next size smaller.

- Sierra Trading Post

Free Shipping. Vasque Super Alpinista Mountaineering Boot (Spring 2007) The Super Alpinista Mountaineering Boot by Vasque is a sure bet for peak bagging in ranges that don t require the warmth of a double boot, the S.A. s Exo-Therm uppers, Stealth rubber outsole, and carbon fiber insole make it a flexible, agile performer in big mountains.Features: Upper: Exo-Therm Composite Insole: Carbon Fiber Midsole: EVA Outsole: Skywalk Fitzroy Stealth Lining: Dri-Lex Footbed: Insulated Rubber Rand, Step-in Crampon Compatible Weight: 4 lbs. 10 oz. (2098gm) men s 9

Vasque Super AlpinistaA sure bet for peak bagging in ranges that don't require the warmth of a double boot, the S.A.'s Exo-Therm™ uppers, Stealth® rubber outsole, and carbon fiber insole make it a flexible, agile performer in big mountains. Features:Upper: Exo-Therm Composite Leather Insole: Carbon Fiber Midsole: EVA Outsole: Skywalk Fitzroy with Stealth MT Rubber Lining: Drilex Footbed: Insulated Other: Rubber Rand; Padded Collar; Crampon Compatible

- US Outdoor Store

The Vasque Super Alpinista Mountaineering Boots rock everything from peak bagging to technical ice climbing, especially where the warmth of a double boot isn't required. Vasque's carbon fiber insole keeps this mountaineering boot flexible and agile on your big mountain pursuits, and the Super Alpinista Boots' Exo-Therm upper material provides warmth and blocks moisture. These mountaineering boots' Stealth rubber outsole absorbs shock and gives grippy traction with each step, and the Super Alpinista's lining wicks moisture away from your sweaty feet. Vasque's mountaineering boots are crampon compatible, so you can step in and face the ice flow.

- Backcountry Outlet

Vasque Super Alpinista

The Super Alpinista has been discontinued.

The Vasque Super Alpinista is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 9, 2008 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.