Vasque Talus GTX XCR

Overall: I should give this a rating of 3.5 instead…

Materials: nubuck
Use: trail running, approach
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 2 lbs
Price Paid: USD 49

Overall: I should give this a rating of 3.5 instead of a 3. Vasque makes quality footwear. This one is also pretty close.

Upper: Above average styling. Nice combination of leather and fabric. Tongue too prominant. I could use a little less of the tongue exposure. Toe and heel rands are excellent.

Midsole: This EVA midsole gives only adequate cushioning. I personally thought that the midsole could use a little more cushioning, specially around heel areas and under the arches. I have a feeling that the EVA midsole will compress prematurely, there are some signs even after few months.

Outsole: Vasques Stealth outsole is A++. Great for trail running and approach. It provides good protection and grips anything that's underneath. The lugs are also very nicely designed so they are not too much or too little. It is not the best for indoor useage.

Gore-Tex XCR: Pretty good breathability. Although, my feet were really hot when I used these shoes for trail running in 85-90 degree F temperature. But, they provide great protection against wet condition.

It's a pretty durable and study shoe for its build (running last). I use it for everything, from light hiking, trail running, to go around town, office, weekends in the parks, etc.

Great value for the price I paid.

Vasque Talus GTX XCR

The Talus GTX XCR has been discontinued.

The Vasque Talus GTX XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 29, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new approach shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.