Vasque Talus Trek Mid UltraDry - Men's

Relatively light; comfortable from day one; good grip;…

Summary

Relatively light; comfortable from day one; good grip; waterproof.

Pros

• Light
  • Reasonably priced
  • Wearing well

Cons

• None to date

My regular hike has a fair amount of talus, so these are appropriately named! With a 12yo and a 10yo as hiking companions, I'm not breaking any distance records. Nor am I—yet—on really challenging terrain. I think these would be fine in either scenario, though. They're certainly more than enough for Connecticut's mostly benign trails, even the aforementioned talus.

They show a few scrapes and other signs of wear, but I didn't buy them for Park Avenue. They fit well, with no real break-in needed, and have been comfortable and dry in thigh-high snow. They can get a little warm in the summer, but that's to be expected and it certainly wasn't unpleasant.

I had in mind to buy a heavier pair for more challenging routes once my kids are older. But I think these might suffice.

Welcome to Trailspace, Jouster! How long have you had your Vasques? I'd love to see some pictures of your pair in your review.

Jouster

Alicia: I've had them about a year. I'll add a couple of pics...once I've figured out how to!

1 month ago

Jouster, click on the yellow "Edit This Review" button near the top of your review. The "Detailed Review" section is a big text box. At the top of this box you'll see a number of icons. In order they are: Bold, Italics, StrikeThru, Quote, Add #, Add Bullets, Add Picture, Add Video. The "Add Picture" icon is that little tree. Just click on it, and follow the prompts.

1 month ago

From day 1 the Vasque Talus Trek Mid UltraDry fit…

Price Paid: $120 on sale at REI

Pros

• Comfortable fit
  • Feels broke in right out of the box

Cons

• Have not discovered any cons yet

From day 1 the Vasque Talus Trek Mid UltraDry fit and felt like I had been wearing them and they were fitted to my feet. I have worn them on steep terrain with various conditions and have yet to have any problem with traction, even on loose gravel. The speed laces work well, but standard laces are also provided in case you don't like the speed laces.

Very well made and extremely comfortable right out of the box.